Herr Klopp

Any season where a manager inherits the reins once its up and running is invariably a write off. He inherited Rodgers players and his hands were tied with those effectively until the end of that season. Klopp has had two full seasons as Liverpool coach now. He’s delivered European Cup football in both of those seasons. Prior to that, Liverpool had failed to secure European Cup football in 6 out of 7 seasons. He’s steadied the ship, built the foundation over the last two seasons. Liverpool are now in a position to challenge for and win the big prizes.

1 Like

As time goes by gaps tend to get bigger. Of course Rodgers was closer to Leicester when the season wasn’t on long when he was sacked. As I told you before anyway Klopp is an appointment you make for the long term and it seems I am being proven correct

Not many big clubs will write a season off for a manager.

Klopp would have been out the door now at most big clubs.

1 Like

Thank fuck I dont watch this shite anymore — the same people re-hashing the same arguments for 2 years now… just like football itself, unimaginative. You;ve a lad then claiming big clubs would rather a coca-cola cup win over a champions league final :rofl: — He thinks boardrooms are run by fans who want mickey mouse trophies and not millions generated — the child like simplicity of some people is very refreshing in this horrible cynical modern age.

1 Like

The gap between little Leicester City and Liverpool.

I’m saying clubs would prefer to win trophies, as opposed to not winning them.

Klopp is a long term manager. You don’t seem to be able to get this through your head

A long term manager? Not many managers are given the sort of license to fail he has at big clubs.

1 Like

He hasn’t failed. They’ve steadily got better each season and are now one of the best teams in Europe

He has failed to win a trophy.

Managers are remembered for being successful and winning trophies, particularly at big clubs.

A big club would sack him for making millions by getting to a CL final

Yes, big clubs sack managers for not winning trophies.

So far. They’ve steadily got better each season and are now in a position where they’re one of the best teams in Europe. They would have been much better off focusing on the Carabao cup alright :laughing:

Yes. We are into his 4th season. A cup triumph is better than not winning a cup.

And getting steadily better each season to get as far as being one of the best teams in Europe is better than winning a Carabao cup

Trophies are better than not winning trophies.

Becoming one of the best teams in Europe is better than winning a Carabao Cup

Not really if you don’t win.

Should Liverpool have sacked Klopp at the end of last season?

Liverpool beating Man City in the CL last season was much better than winning a Carabao Cup