Herr Klopp

Another master class from @Cicero_Dandi

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ItsJurgenKlopp/status/1069581418383269889

They looked like they were out of form.

Which they are.

The main positive was the continuing excellent form of Joe Gomez at centre half.

Midfield they struggled. The Portuguese guy that Everton have on loan from Barcelona ruled the roost.

1 Like

Cheers for that… The lads up top look knackered and the pressing game from last year doesnt appear to be the same.

He’s a beautiful, beautiful man

So you saw it? It was embarrassing, you’d think he must have been fixing the game it was that bad.

(To the tune of Dirty old town)

He’s our centre half, he’s our no. 4
We watch him defend and we watch him score,
He’ll pass the ball calm as you like,
He’s Vigil Van Dijk, he’s Virgil Van Dijk

cc @farmerinthecity + @Fran

1 Like

I’m not a fan of chants mate.

Unless it’s about Graham Rix.

I’m just grateful to be a scouser.

My honest thoughts are that they’re easing off on the pressing, playing a little more conservative and patiently and the change in formation and stats back this up. They can afford to be more controlled and patient with a stronger defence. Keita and Fabinho haven’t made the impact they expected so they’re struggling a bit in midfield and Firmino hasn’t settled into his adapted No. 10 / False 9 role in the new formation.

Regardless it’s hard to see anyone bettering Man City

4 Likes

I’d agree 100% with all of this.

I think they’ll get better as season goes on (will go far again in Europe IF they manage to beat Napoli). The emphasis has been on keeping it tight at the back this season.

Will do very well to finish within 9/10 points of City

1 Like

There’s a difference between No. 10 and False 9. The latter was what he did last year where he was snapping at the heels of midfielders from behind them and making a general nuisance of himself. He would get on the ball and play in Salah mainly.

Salah played through the centre yesterday in what appeared a relatively orthodox striker and looked terribly frustrated.

I can understand Klopp trying to mix it up but it doesn’t seem to be working hugely attacking wise. If it continues we will struggle to beat Napoli and facing elimination from the CL which would be a disaster in my view.

Liverpool’s form has been very impressive this season considering that their main man from last year, Mo Salah, is playing shite. There’s a lot of negativity about their performances. If Salah came into form they could win the CL.

They should get 80+ points and finish second. They needed 6 points off city. If they beat City on 3 January they need that to get City rattled. Little realistic hope.

Firminho has gone missing in both the Champions League and Europa League finals so has proven he is of questionable character, much like his modern day Brazilian compatriots.

1 Like

Salah has been playing through the centre in most games this season, it’s the new formation Klopp has been playing in most games 4-2-3-1 (except the bigger games). It’s restricting the link up play between the front players and they seem to be struggling at times but they’re winning games and they’re not running themselves into the ground pressing everything that moves.

Teams were always going to clamp down and double team Salah after last season, he still has 7 goals.

That’s what Liverpool do too. You can’t excuse the Roma manager because they are a selling club and condemn Klopp for the same thing.

Liverpool aren’t really a selling club, when Barca, Real and Man city come calling you can’t fight them off

the nature of why they sell isn’t relevant. The fact is they sell their best players regularly, under this ownership.

The big clubs have been sniffing around Aguero for years and City haven’t sold