Herr Klopp

With little relatively money sure

Name them and explain how tgey are so successful in England.

If they are so gifted they will be easy to.point out.

He’s had as much money as Claude Puel and Ronald Koeman had at Southampton.

1 Like

That’s a contradiction.

How many managers can be simultaneously successful in England at the same time?

They have proven themselves though, English managers have failed to do so.

Different argument though. I compared the smallest and boggest money pots. The question was how do you ascertain the answer.

Although given what i am looking at now i may have been a bit overly harsh. He is still quite a one type of manager though and thats why he would not do much better with better players.
But with same money and players what would he do? I theorize not much worse than Pep.

Koeman and Pochetinno didn’t have much money at Southampton. Same as Rodgers at Swansea. All these managers got jobs at bigger clubs because of how they did at the smaller clubs and the way their teams played particularly

The who discussion is about how they are not as good as people think because they are not adaptable. Great coaches go anywhere and make a difference.

This is the nub of my point.

Given that you have now contradicted yourself, you are now deciding to backtrack over the earlier contradictory statement which currently contradicts your latest viewpoint.

The logic of a simpleton.

1 Like

Pep’s been there less than a year. A bit early to be writing him off

If you have 5 great coaches at 5 clubs competing in the same competition then define making a difference?

Southamton have an incredible club system and support structure.

Remains to be seen how Koeman goes at Everton but they are 2 i would think could be wildly successful with more money and players

Neither are English.

Quit avoiding the elephant in the room and tell us who are these English managers.

Hmmm, a few posts later you said these types were only getting jobs because they are English and white. Seems like the exact opposite of what you’re saying now.

4 Likes

:grinning:

He doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going.

The contrarian halfwit.

2 Likes

Yes if it was part of some grand plan. But tha does not seem to be the case. His whole demeanour says he is finding it unbelievably hard. Klopp the same.

Now he will probably be given time and money to sort things, but its been a fisaster to date and i think really exposed him in this light.

Nope.

I said foreign managers are iver rated and some are being exposed. And i was pointing out that maybe the silly Andy Gray comment about Messi on a tuesday in Stoke has merit.

You obviously only joined the conversation late. Go back to my original post.

Go check out the data.

However again, i would contend yes many jobs are got because of white englishness and its a merry-go-round. Much like GAA County managers. Get one job and you are in for life, almost noatter how shit you are.

The top 7 teams in the league are managed by foreign managers.

1 Like

How do you know what their plan is? Their demeanour is obviously going to be bad when they’re losing games

Nope, I fully understand the argument. Your post about Pulis struck me as odd at the time, that’s why it stuck in my mind. Say what you like about his style, and I’d say it must be painful for season ticket holders to watch it every week, but he’s far from a chancer. The style of play I think is important to the question of whether he’d do as relatively well with a big club expected to dominate and win most games. Was why I was sceptical of Moyes’s record at Everton being relevant to United job.

You could just say you’ve changed your mind by the way. It’s allowed.

Absolurely, i encourage change of mind always. I think its too nuanced though to say i now think he is wonderful. I don’t, i am forgetting specifics now but i do remember thinking/asking the question “why is he still playing this way” with the players he had.

As well as that, and i accept i may have been iverly harsh, but where is the promotion of other coaches. My point now as it was then, why back to the same guys.