La Liga

2-0 Celta 31 mins. And now it’s 3-0 !!!

4-3 in the end. Ter-Stegen with a huge mistake but not exactly where Barca lost the match really.

Real have been playing crap for half a dozen games and getting away with it, Barca not much better. Suarez has been awful, and Busquets too. Just as well the first Clasico isn’t til December, or it’d be the lowest quality in a while.

Barca on 13 points after 7 games, lowest since Rijkaard, level with Villarreal and Bilbao. Atleti somehow top (on goal difference but still) after drawing their 2 opening games to promoted sides. Bonkers this year.

Soccerball hipster alert !!! Beep beep beep.

I know a few Ashmans

every one of 'em a soft pup

no different on TFK it seems

away ya gowl

Aye watching the best league in the world means you’re a hipster

Some incredible goals and games today. Cuenca’s for Granada and Sarabia’s winner for Sevilla in particular.

17 months since Sevilla last won away, but they did it today against Leganes (on paper the weakest in the division, on the field, ruthless and ballsy).

Barca win 4-0 against Depor. Seems like Aleix Vidal is finished (did his career even begin?) after under a year as they played a LB at RB today. I was at his debut against Granada a year ago, thought he’d make a decent backup.

Atleti put up 7 past Granada, Carrasco running the show. Seems he could go up a level this year.

Betis at home to Real now. A draw there last year under the early days of Zizou, seemed to kill their league chance, or so it seemed. They’ve spent quite a lot this year but have been pretty meh so far. Should be good all the same, especially with Real’s recent form and still no Casemiro or Modric.

Looked like a great game there tonight between Valencia and Barca. 2-3 to Barca. Last minute Peno there for Barca.

Barca making heavy weather of Granada here. 1-0 goal from Rafinha just there.

One of the worst games I’ve seen from Barca. I was at the very same fixture last year and Messi hit a hat-trick, don’t think I’ve ever seen him give the ball away so much in my entire life as yesterday.

Saving themselves for City probably. Even a draw kills that group.

dinger of a game here between Barca and Sevilla reaching its denouement

Messi deserved the card. He sat on his arse for a minute faffing about with his boot, and it took him ten seconds to put it on when he got sent to the sideline.

Barcelona FC are an utterly odious organisation.

Barca and Sevilla was game of the season across all leagues, hands down.

1 Like

Atleti v Real this weekend.

I think the big question is how potent Real’s attack will be. Benz has been largely very poor, Ronaldo has been very iffy (in La Liga at least), and Bale’s been excellent. No Kroos or Casemiro, but Marcelo and Modric are back and those 2 define how Real play.

Griezmann is racing to be fit, and crucially, Filipe Luis played the full game against Peru the other night, where Marcelo played the first game. Filipe Luis has played every game so far for Atleti and you’d wonder how long he can keep up.

I fancy Atleti to get something; their home form has been rock solid and they’ll always defend well enough, but without Griezmann, it’s hard to see them having goals in them. On the other hand, Real’s individual quality could click into gear, and if it does, they’d go 9 clear of Atleti with the head-to-head rule in their advantage. That’s a monster gap.

Sevilla with 2 late goals to win 3-2 away at Depor. I swear every match they play is a cracker.

Real Madrid were sublime against Atleti. They’re 9 ahead of Atleti now, and 4 ahead of Barca with the Clasico in 2 weeks. It looks like their year, though a long way to go yet.

Take that ye athletico cunts.

1 Like

Red Rover. Zidane is a giant of a manager. I might switch back to Real now.

Long way to go. Barca are often a bit ropey until the Champions League group stage ends and then they put a run together. Can’t afford to lose the Classico though.

Definitely. 2 years ago, Real were unplayable this time of year, far and away the best in the world, then collapsed after Christmas, Barca won the treble.

And then last year, Barca were unplayable for the first half, even won 4-0 at the Bernabeu without Messi (up to 3-0), worked up a 12 point lead at the top, and almost spectacularly blew it.