La Liga

Real Madrid are not a good team.

There’s only about 4 good teams in Europe by that rationale

1 Like

They’ll be saying the same about rubby in a few years.

Real Madrid are scarcely in the top 12-14 teams in Europe at this stage. Manchester City will beat them about 5-0 in the return leg.

They won’t and they aren’t

Both these sides a pale shadow of their peak Ronaldo v Messi days.

Busquets and Pique the two best for Barca tonight for me. Maybe Arthur as well, and Ter Stegen is fantastic with his feet. Other than that it’s been very poor.

Team is so slow. Not a clue what Griezeman is offering. Seems to be dropping off when Messi needs him to run on. Messi ends up playing as a number 9 which he never was and is far too slow to be effective at these days

They probably won’t if they don’t want to expend unnecessary energy.

Bit of a jammy finish. He slipped and kicked the ball into the turf and it hopped over Ter Stegen.

1 Like

Some first impact of the season

Messi was dire

You’d have to seriously question not starting Toni Kroos against Man City. Much closer to his best than Modric is at this stage

2 Likes

a bit like NFL
lads from ballinamuck talking about running backs and drafts

2 Likes

Martin Braithwaite playing for Barca says it all really.

1 Like

As an aside, I don’t think I’d pick any keeper on earth ahead of Ter Stegen at the moment

Basque derby in the Copa del Rey final. Neither has won it since the 80s

My aunt lived in Madrid for a few years in the early 1980s. One night she was woken up by an almighty noise coming from outside. She thought there was a terrorist attack. It was the Basques alright, celebrating Athletic Bilbao winning the league.

Euskadi Euskadi Euskadi

Seville derby at 9pm tonight to get back underway

2 Likes

Will the Basque Copa Del Rey final be played now?