Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership 2017/18 & William Hill Scottish Cup 2017/2018

McInnes did the same in the summer with Sunderland iirc?

Sir Walter, post: 543531, member: 7592
If as it seems, they have taken 6 weeks to pick a manager and haven’t sounded out what his demands etc were, then it is a neglect on their duties.

I was never buzzing about DM, nor would I be gutted if he became our manager.

To get to 6 weeks for their main target to knock us back as it seems, or not want to even speak to us is unforgivable

For me, it’s a step too far. I suspect others will feel the same.

If this is true, whoever got us to this stage should be forced to resign from the board or be removed.

I suspect the board that attend on Saturday will cop some verbals and it’s 100% deserved. In fact, if there were protests about this current incompetent board, it would be merited.

Every major footballing decision seems to drag on forever. Allen, Pedro, Dorrans and now this saga. Probably been more I’ve forgotten about.

I’ll always be grateful for them bailing us out of a hole but that bit of goodwill can only be extended for so long.

It ran out for me tonight.

DocStone, post: 543618, member: 1232
What makes you think he was our main target? What makes you think we haven’t spoken to other candidates? What makes you think we waited 6 weeks just to speak to McInnes?
Barclay the Bear, post: 543660, member: 7277
How do you know we didn’t know what mcinnes wanted. Looks to me like he’s bottled it.

Crouchy, post: 543662, member: 97
Robertson is miles out of his depth.

We should have had a succession plan prior to Pedro departing.

Whether McInnes was first or last choice, his failure to get anyone over the line in a timely and structured manner is embarrassing.

ibroxbound, post: 543669, member: 1432
Can you tell us otherwise as you were one of the ITK punters on here.

Sir Walter, post: 543679, member: 7592
King stated last week we’ve only just finished looking at all candidates

He stated we’re after someone with a British and Scottish experience

We then approach the sheep to request permission to speak to DM

So if we have spoken to other candidates and DM wasn’t the favoured one, then why go to the expense of asking for permission and in the process, creating embarrassment for the club now he has rejected us.

An ex player, a bear, rejecting us to stay with the sheep.

The board should be hounded for that

AyrshireBear72, post: 543696, member: 8604
The board are a shambles. Quicker we get people in that know how to run a football club the better!

Superrangers, post: 543708, member: 885
When has another club made such a monumental shambles of trying to appoint a Manager? It’s an absolute embarrassment. It is abundantly clear that they do not have what we need to get back to where we belong. It’s time some of them hired people that know what they are doing, to represent them on the board and stepped down.

Teddyjohn, post: 543710, member: 1053
Which means we’ve been turned down multiple times, which is even more concerning.

themightyi, post: 543720, member: 1074
Exactly this.

I said on the other thread if he had knocked us back six weeks ago then fair enough, but why let all this speculation build and build to then finally approach him and get knocked back, leaving the club looking like an utter embarrassment.

The board have used up a hell of a lot of their remaining good will with me because of this fucking farce.

Superrangers, post: 543738, member: 885
Correct. They are clearly not providing the resources required to take in the bheggars. The future looks bleak at this juncture.

chateaubleu, post: 543739, member: 1519
Nothing.

But we need some sort of update from the board tonight because we look like complete amateurs and it’s not acceptable.

I’ve been really patient but we better have some sort of contingency plan in place. It’d be nice to know at least that.

Fife flyer, post: 543743, member: 1145
No business football or otherwise can force someone to come and work for them if he doesn’t want to

sw26, post: 543755, member: 3557
It’s a shambles, but everything this Board has ever done on the footballing side has been so it is hardly surprising.

blue captain, post: 543756, member: 2437
He bottled it… AGAIN

Teddyjohn, post: 543762, member: 1053
King’s comment last week about taking 3 months to appoint an executive at one of his SA businesses was a red flag. The guys running the club are so out of touch and utterly brainless when it comes to football.

andrew anderson, post: 543763, member: 6597
only confirms to me that mcinnes was not the man for the job if ur a bear u take the job with no fear ,sounds to me like his bottle has crashed

Jimmy the Gent, post: 543764, member: 1155
Regardless of whether they were talking to other candidates or not, as we approach the 7th week since Pedro was binned, the boards handling of the scenario has been shambolic, we are a complete laughing stock and once again the fans are made to look like mugs.

2 Likes

Strange terminology on the screenshots of those forum posts above.

Derek McInnes’s opportunity to manage the club he supported as a boy ended in 2012 when that club went out of existence.

1 Like

The statement released by Sevco tonight. :laughing:

1 Like

To be fair most Sevco fans seem to accept the statement is a joke. They’ve completely turned on their Board who don’t have a pot to piss in.

To think they were deluded enough into wondering whether Big Sam would be good enough for them. The same Big Sam on 6 million pound a year at Everton.

Their board have probably spent the last few weeks passing a hat around Directors meetings trying to get more loans so they could pay off Aberdeen.

1 Like

Double post.

Concomitant risk.

1 Like

Watching a bit of Bristol City and Sheffield United in the pub now . John Fleck sent off playing for the Blades .

The Scottish media had this lad down as the next Wayne Rooney a decade ago .

1 Like

he is ould man was a decent player, chelsea ruined him tho

Think Robert was his uncle ?

The Dee 0-1 The Dons.

Aberdeen back on track after letting Sevco do the double over them last week.

:laughing:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/celticlisboa/status/939231981950373888

I didn’t realise Rangers were second. Why exactly did they sack the previous manager?

They weren’t there when he was sacked.

They got knocked out of first UEFA Cup qualifying round by a bunch of part timers from Luxembourg.

Destroyed by Celtic on numerous occasions.

Couldn’t win more than a couple of games against the diddly teams up there.

1 Like

Fair enough. From the outside looking in I think they were expecting a bit too much when they came back up a few years ago. Warburton was sacked for coming third in their first season back up wasn"t he?

It was last Feb he left, it was kind of mutual.

Craig Levein’s Jambos lead The Dee managed by Neil McCann 2-0.

Owen Coyle’s Staggies have a 2-1 advantage against Steve Clarke’s Killie in the battle of the ex EPL managers with Celtic sympathies.

The SPFL’s record goalscorer Kris Boyd has scored a late Killie equaliser.

The Dons are smashing the Hibees 3-0 in the early kick-off. Goals by Shinnie and a brace for Mackay-Steven.