Lager Poll

Can somebody recommend to me a quality lager that’s available on draught in all good pubs (and bad ones too)?

I drink Heineken and have done for years but it’s more out of habit than anything and I haven’t really enjoyed it for quite some time.

Thank you. Thank you all.

I don’t think there is one Bandage. Nothing widely available on draught here that isn’t riddled with chemicals as far as I know. Ale’s the way forward.

You should drink Guinness Bandage. I have seen you drink it before. There is nothing like it. I understand what you mean about Heineken. It’s hard to get enjoyment from a lager but the first gulp of good Guinness is the best taste in the world

farmerinthecity wrote:

It’s hard to get enjoyment from a lager but the first gulp of good Guinness is the best taste in the world

What about the taste of your…nah, I’m too much of a gent to go there (only because your ma is ugly though). I might go on a concerted Guinness run actually. :shock:

Dya know what. Bollox to lager stout etc. Wine is the way forward. Had myself some red and white Faustino VII the other night. Not great but still, good steady drink it is.

Agree with the point on bottles tasting better than cans.

I have never had a pint of Guinness in my life. :shock:

I had about 10 bottles of Miller yesterday from 8pm onwards and don’t feel to bad today. Didn’t drink on Saturday though, so that night have had something to do with it.

The lager on draught in general is pretty dreadful around Dublin, Miller is probably the most consistent, best of a bad bunch.

Really notice it having come back from Spain where most cities have their own local beer in the majority of bars, much better.

The summer’s over anyway, the Guinness season is well underway.

The summer’s over anyway, the Guinness season is well underway.

What fooking summer!

Beck’s is nice as a pint and bottles. Has a nice consistent taste and doesn’t have as many chemicals as other beers. The hangovers off it aren’t bad as a result.

larryduff wrote:

Beck’s is nice as a pint and bottles. Has a nice consistent taste and doesn’t have as many chemicals as other beers. The hangovers off it aren’t bad as a result.

Tend to drink bottles of that when I’m over at Celtic games as I’m wary of trying any muck on draught over there. It’s relatively decent alright.

Yeah Becks is my tipple of choice in Glasgow. Never had in on draught though.

Bottles of Becks are the business, that and Guinness are my usual drinks, Becks Vier I dont like as much.

What’s the principle behind Becks Vier Flano? I’ve heard of it but never consumed it.

Beck’s vier is made from four natural ingredients (malt, yeast, water and hops). It is brewed under the guidance of reihnheitsgebot and is a nice drink. It definetly gives far less of a hangover than beers such as heineken. It is becoming more widely available now.

Becks Vier has a totally different taste to the bottled beer. The Vier only has 4.3% alc level while the normal bottled Becks is 5%. I doubt this has anything to do with the taste difference. The Vier has a much sweeter taste I find than the normal bottled Becks but not in a good way.