Lance Armstrong

Deary me. Armstrong sure knows how to spin a story. Fact that people are still questioning whether or not he cheated is some achievement from his team.

Larrybluff is trying to spin what is a very bad day for cyclying into some kind of victory - you couldn’t make it up :lol:

[quote=“Thrawneen, post: 151733”]Christ, some of the replies on here would make you cry:

http://www.anfearrua.ie/topic.aspx?id=1250983[/quote]
"he was never found to have taken drugs but he admitted to pedalling "

:lol:

Paul Kimmage on RTE Radio 1 now.

In fairness Dunph, any sport that allows grown men to prance around in multi coloured lycra can’t be all bad.

I’ll take that bet

Is it a case of the testing catching up with him?

What about indurain? He had a resting pulse of 28 or something crazy…

Whats kimmage saying?

Indurain was juiced up.
BUT…
Hesjedal who won Giro this year is clean for sure.
Wiggins who has won tour and loads else this year is clean.
Larryduff the winner of Fingal Challenge and who performed heroics in two Ulster marathons this year is clean.
Locke who did great job in tour de munster is clean
Balbec is clean I’m sure

[quote=“artfoley, post: 151741”]

Whats kimmage saying?[/quote]
In one word? Vindication.

Not really. His previous positive tests were covered up so knowledge was there at the time. That and the evidence given by teammates and friends was more than enough.

Only caught end of it but usual stuff about how Armstrong uses cancer as argument to deflect from allegations and how UCI were complicit in the whole thing.

Larry, what is happening in the Johan Bruyneel case? Surely all the dirty laundry will be aired there? The sooner that cunt is chased from cycling the better.

Great to see LA finally brought down. But in the peloton there is a rider named Christopher froome whose meteoric rise from average domistique to grand tour favourite makes me believe he is the most blatant doper since Bernhard Kohl. Still a lot of work to be done cleaning up the sport, but today is a great step in the right direction.

Spot on , Bruyneel is the real cancer in the sport, not Armstrong. Bruyneel’s case is in arbitration, does that mean he is cutting a deal? I do not believe for one minute that Froome is clean.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 151740”]Is it a case of the testing catching up with him?

What about indurain? He had a resting pulse of 28 or something crazy…[/quote]

While that’s very low, it’s not that amazing for someone at that level Ida very aerobic sport.

Yeah, I realise that Kev, was more a throwaway remark more than anything else.

they used to say his heart was as big as a cows. And his twin brother had the same physical attributes but he was a very ordinary rider.

Des Cahill: “People don’t know what to believe now. But the amount of support he (Armstrong) is getting on Twitter is extraordinary. Personally I would always have had a lot of sympathy for him as I read his book.”
Myles Dungan: “But if it talks like a duck, walks like a duck, then surely it is a duck”.
Des: “I don’t know, what is a duck, I mean I wouldn’t know the difference between ducks and geese.”

On Cahill’s bulletin trhere also that Bruyneel says that “the fact that Armstrong has decided not to fight the charges proves how unjust they are.” Nice logic.

You think that’s bad

http://www.reddit.co…anned_for_life/

[quote=“Sandymount Red, post: 151746”]

Great to see LA finally brought down. But in the peloton there is a rider named Christopher froome whose meteoric rise from average domistique to grand tour favourite makes me believe he is the most blatant doper since Bernhard Kohl. [/quote]
But Larry says Froome rides for a clean team :lol: