Laochra Gael - Back, and to the left hand on top

Was an auctioneer and as tabby says he is a financial advisor

Frank is known to be a very intelligent, and sound, guy. Not surprising the brother would be also.

Both are very unassuming men. Absolute gents

Frank and Brian are in business together

Meath great, Martin O’Connell, features this evening at 6.25 p.m.

Was watching the Lohan one the other night. Davy let in two absolute howlers in 95, to Alan Browne in the Munster semi final and to Michael Duignan in the final. Amazing he got an All Star after two bad fuck ups like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF9rKfgBb70

The Oisin McConville episode is brilliant. He was definitely worth a lot more than the two All Stars he got. Along with Dooher he was the best wing forward of his generation. 2-7 in an Ulster final against Down, 1-9 in an All Ireland semi against Kerry and he was the go to man in the Armagh forward line. I think there’s a poster on here who thinks Paddy Kelly was a better player though.

Who thinks that? I know it.

Paddy Kelly has as many All Ireland’s and wasn’t a free taker. He still has a few years to completely overshadow McConville.

[QUOTE=“caoimhaoin, post: 1060757, member: 273”]Who thinks that? I know it.

Paddy Kelly has as many All Ireland’s and wasn’t a free taker. He still has a few years to completely overshadow McConville.[/QUOTE]

You don’t know it. Kelly couldn’t hold a matchstick to McConville, Kelly is not even in the the top 10 half forwards of the past 10 years. While Paddy Kelly was shitting his shorts against Kerry, McConville was scoring goals in All Ireland semi-finals and finals against them. McConville could do everything Kelly could, he had a better temperament and he was a heavy scorer, definitely the heaviest scoring half forward from play in the last 15 years I would imagine.

Paddy Kelly has as many All Ireland’s and wasn’t a free taker. [/QUOTE]
What’s the logic here? Free takers win more all Ireland’s?

He is using McConvilles score tallies as one of the ways to judge him. Of course this is valid and he had some outstanding days, but it has to be tempered with the fact he was a free taker.

I’m sure McConville’s 6 All Ireland Clubs will comfort him.

The asterisk beside them because he was a freetaker will be hard for him to swallow as he polishes them though.

Paddy Kelly has as many All Ireland’s and wasn’t a free taker. He still has a few years to completely overshadow McConville.[/QUOTE]
Eh, Kelly hasn’t played inter-county football since 2010, mate.

Kev’s been abroad, did you not know? Its hard to watch senior intercounty games when not in Ireland.

Matches involving Meath underage football teams, well thats another matter entirely, they’re easily accessible from hammer monkeys living in Perth.

What are you on about? He played this year.

Who is paddy Kelly?

Paddy Kelly shitting his shorts against Kerry? He probably played on winning teams v Kerry more often than McConville in the championship

McConville played against Kerry 4 times in the championship I reckon. He finished on the winning team in those games just once. Armagh’s record against Kerry is pretty kack

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1060878, member: 1379”]Paddy Kelly shitting his shorts against Kerry? He probably played on winning teams v Kerry more often than McConville in the championship

McConville played against Kerry 4 times in the championship I reckon. He finished on the winning team in those games just once. Armagh’s record against Kerry is pretty kack[/QUOTE]
It’s a huge black mark against McConville’s name that he never played on a winning team against Kerry in the Munster championship.

[QUOTE=“kerry1891, post: 1060878, member: 1379”]Paddy Kelly shitting his shorts against Kerry? He probably played on winning teams v Kerry more often than McConville in the championship

McConville played against Kerry 4 times in the championship I reckon. He finished on the winning team in those games just once. Armagh’s record against Kerry is pretty kack[/QUOTE]

Kerry played Armagh 4 times in the Championship during McConville’s career. In 70 minutes it was W1 D2 L1. All those games were close fought encounters, when did Paddy Kelly’s Cork ever beat Kerry in a knockout Championhsip game? They never, in fact they regularly shit themselves at the prospect.