Laois GAA- bunch of hicks turning on eachother

On the contrary, I’ve had a tremendous week mate.

FAO of @Smark, @Breaking_my_balls, @myboyblue

I’d be interested in hearing how Treaty stalwart Oliver “Ollie” Moran gets on with the boys in blue (and white) in 2017.

Proving very popular with the players so far. But could he play corner back?

FAO @FlakeAway

1 Like

I just witnessed the Laois minor team stuffing their faces with sausage rolls and fizzy drinks on their way to play a challenge game :smile:

1 Like

Good for them. Let young lads have a life outside the modern control freaks. Hope they hit a good chipper later .

3 Likes

Seeing as they are in askeaton to play limerick they likely had very few alternatives

4 Likes

+1. A very enjoyable part of being the dominant underage hurling club in Wexford in the 1990s was the trips to opponents’ home grounds and the pre and post match stealing in some muldoon newsagent or general store.

3 Likes

Fail to prepare

No doubt that predated the rising incomes and the growing number of “delicatessens” in nearly every shop. The pilfered mars bars , meanies & wibby wobbly wonders of the 80s & 90s were replaced by purchased chicken/breakfast rolls , Jambons and sausage rolls in the noughties / teens.

Perfect. Tisnt Minors we want to be winning. This is great prep.

I’d savage a sausage roll now.

‘Fizzy drinks’ :smile:

1 Like

The chaps were probably hungover too, you wouldn’t begrudge them a little pick me up ‘mineral’.

2 Likes

In perhaps unrelated news, Laois Minor Footballers defeated Limerick in a challenge game on Sunday morning.

:joy:

2 Likes

2nd string limerick side

I believe it was the Laois U16s

1 Like

I think there was two teams, u17 & u18.

That’d make sense, Laois have something like 50 training at present. Its an odd set up. They ran last years management who got to a Leinster final and fucked away the quarter final against Galway, who in turn went all the way to the final. Something odd went on but I haven’t heard what exactly yet. The new manager is a fella with little or no experience, but friendly with the right people. You couldn’t make it up.

Once everyone gets their sausage rolls and fanta there’ll be no problems.

1 Like

A throwback to simpler times. I for one applaud this initiative.

Where did they get the rolls ?? The Arena ???