League of Ireland 2021 - The Greatest Basket Case League In The World

MSL isnā€™t a higher standard. Maybe the top 2 clubs could compete. The rest would be well, well off it.

ah jesus
have you seen ramblers limerick or wexford?
i dunno man

1 Like

SRFC dundalk derry 44 or 52 weeks
rest part time
i know this is peak bohs but their captain derek pender was/is still working in AIB and playing prem div LOI

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve seen the MSL sides up close over the last few years though. Not a very high standard at all. Wanderers have some fine players but some very weak ones too.

ah for sure - you are right
in the fist div tho you might have 3 /4 teams way ahead and the rest just playing meaningless game out week on week
id imagine cobh drogheda wexford athlone could all very quickly go like limerick i dont know what keeps them going at all
cobh would have a shirt sponsor, match ball sponsor , menail gates and some income from the bar - nobody involved gets a cent - i suppose the committe just keep it going as the town by and large dont care- team is all young lads loaned from cork or waterford or ex MSL trying to make a break with a few from the 19s coming thru

1 Like

Its a Labour of love for sure man, I suppose itā€™s just like any club. Good people doing good things keep them alive.

Srfc wouldnā€™t be on 1 year

Would Cork not have been on 52 weeks up to last season?

https://twitter.com/gazzaonuallain/status/1214667553961914374?s=21

3 Likes

Plus the extra funding,gym, mealā€™s etc etc,itā€™s not a b team itā€™s a reserve one, imagine they could meet in a FAI cup fixturešŸ¤—

Wish more would support local and actually attend ,canā€™t bate the atmosphere of a LOI match

Yes

As many CCFC supporters turn up at Cobh as locals,in house fighting for years

MSL standard is good, Avondale United ( FAI intermediate cup holders) , Midleton, Ringmahon,UCC

cork city fans attacking pubs is a bit of a put off

King, Billy has just signed for Pats :astonished:

cc @Bandage

You bring up the same ould shite,my answer if u care to go back is the same+ majority of soccerā€™ scumbags in Ireland are in Dublin end of

Rovers fans do most of the hooliganism in Ireland,few in bohs and Dundalk also,but vast majority arešŸ‘

1 Like

Irish lads pretending to be English football hooligans is cringe. Hoolix.

1 Like