League of Ireland 2021 - The Greatest Basket Case League In The World

they did and they didnt

1 Like

It was a surprise the match wasn’t moved.

i don t think they could move it

A pity.

Sure Dundalk were whinging earlier on in the season about having two squads that they needed to utilise. No better way for them to be tested than against the Champions elect surely? Three games in a week is pretty standard for any club with European ambitions. KOH

1 Like

Is there a chance there will be no European football for Dundalk next year ??

you’d have to be concerned with chris shields out on thursday allright
I must say Filippo and Giuseppi seem to have really struck a chord there with the players and interviews the manager gives are all energy and positvity
lets say they dont get thru thurs - you’d have to imagine they are good enough to get their act together and come third behind waterford who can implode or cease to exsist at any stage…Bohs aside and they are creaking now the quality of the rest is utterly brutal

Hulsizer and Filippo made the right call last night, they’re not going to win the league , they have a very good chamce of earning big bucks for the thing on thursday - even with a full squad what’s the best they could have hoped for last night - a point? - not worth the hassle
40k for coming third in the league, 60k second and 120 to win it im pretty sure… loose change compared to what Hulsizer is going for thursday

3 Likes

hopefully

Forza KĂ­

Rovers title will have a big asterix beside it this year unfortunately

2 Likes

Recognising the achievement if we go the league season unbeaten?

If Dundalk do qualify i wonder with the additional cash will Hulsizer start making moves again on the Aviva stadium?
I know it was the Legia game in 2016 when you had 30k + in there that was a huge selling point for him, he wants to create that francize that can qualify for the champions league and this is the stadium he wants for it,
No Dundalk are a million miles from this and this side isnt a patch on the 2016 team but if they do qualify and turn a profit i wonder will he invest in the side? or like i feel - he’ll take the cash, call it a nice few years and pull out

not having have the CL next season tho is a serious negative i feel…

I’d say pocketing the money is the far more likely scenario.

1 Like

Also worth noting that from next season, as things stand the LoI winners will go into the CL qualifiers, with fallbacks into either the EL qualifiers and or Conference League qualifiers depending how many rounds they navigate. The three other LoI European representitives will be into the Conference League qualifiers and not the Europa

Jack Byrne called up by Coach Kenny to MNT

What’s the money like in the conference?

I cannot over emphasise how important it is that we keep our seeding in champions league draw as it opens up so many more opportunities.
dundalks 2016 points were due to fall off next seasons rankings and we were plummeting.
their success this season has been an enormous boost

Is that you John?

1 Like