League of Ireland 2021 - The Greatest Basket Case League In The World

1 Like

Thatā€™s bad form, in fairness

2 Likes

I am starting to think RTE are starting the beginning of the end of sports coverage .

1 Like

Pricks

Soccer Republic was actually a decent watch. Good analysis and Collins was a good host. Nothing censored on it. Really felt the GAA needed a weekday show with the same format.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a purity to those Lol analysts thatā€™s very refreshing.

Johnny McDonnell and these fellas have a great way about them.

McBennett has done a fair job destroying RTE Sport in the last couple of years.

3 Likes

Wouldnā€™t particularly blame McBennett. His hands are somewhat tied with the obscene salaries paid to some RTE staff.

Iā€™m surprised RTE havenā€™t poached whoever is over TG4 sport.

Ah like he more or less forced out anyone whoā€™d an opinion on anything.

The likes of Brolly, Loughnane, Dunphy, Brady etc didnā€™t need to read off stats and called it as it was. These lads brought a ā€œBig Game Feelā€ to proceedings.

Itā€™s hilarious now seeing Spillane trying to tow the line reading off ridiculous stats that his son probably put together for him like Team X conceded 8-68 in 7 Division 3 games this year while Player Y was the highest scoring forward from play in Division 4 with 6-10 from 7 games.

2 Likes

McBennett is an obvious clown, but in all honesty losing SR is no great loss. Waiting up to 72 hours for a few highlights is embarrassing in this day and age and pointless.

The demand in the market is naturally live broadcasts at the moment, after that all we want is a decent amount of live coverage with instant highlights online and a couple of podcasts a week - would be a lot more beneficial to all

1 Like

Scummy soccer crowd at it again

Stay safe @Corksfinedtboy @Chops

1 Like

In fairness itā€™s a league thatā€™s hard to take seriously at the best of times.

1 Like

I highlighted the irregular betting patterns at the time.

At least 2 games were fixed.

Youā€™d really want your head examined to be betting on any thing in Ireland.

1 Like

Are these more recent games or linked to arrests that happened a few years back?

Back when POS was in charge.

Let Me Entertain You???

Iā€™d be very surprised if he wasnā€™t arrested.

Iā€™m told one more player was caught on CCTV going into Powers shops in Limerick and Clare the day before the Sligo game placing bets on Sligo -2.

Are they playing the cup final this weekend?

Yes.

I think heā€™s the manager of them too?

Fair thick. Could you not at least send in a mate for some deniability