Leinster Schools Rugby- Official Thread

The Micks are a modern powerhouse of the competition.

It’s hard to believe they still only have two titles, because they are always there or thereabouts, and I expect them to move into second place in the roll of honour in my lifetime. They’ll be hard beaten this year, I expect.

The Gick and Colaiste Naoimh Mhuire have fallen away badly as forces in this competition over the last 15 years.

Gonzaga leading Clongowes Wood 12-5 at half time in the first of the semi finals.

1 Like

Immortality beckons

I’m on tenterhooks here.

2 Likes

12-12

The Kildare team now level .

19-12 to Clongowes Wood.

15 to 19 .

Campbell edge out Armagh High in thrilling ulster semi .

2 Likes

Try Gonzaga! They’re leading 22-19.

1 Like

CBC cork beat Ard Scoil in Munster cup semi . What a day of rugby .

70 minutes up. The tension. Gonzaga still by 22-19

Unlimited joy. Gonzaga are in to the Leinster Senior Cup Final for the first time in its 132 year history. 22-19 win.

6 Likes

Hearty congrats @balbec
Will you fly in for the final?

Which school is more up their own hole Blackrock or clongows wood.? Is glenstal a step above or below them.?!

I have the flight booked already. Limerick All Ireland Champions, Gonzaga about to claim the biggest prize in schools sport, Liverpool about to win the EPL. Kilmallock scheduled to win the county. What a time to be alive!!

1 Like

These schools are vital . They give a good catholic education , academic excellence , good sports and produce real leaders in society .

1 Like

Balbec

Imagine if Kilmallock reached Croke Park on st Patrick’s Day . I wouldn’t envy your dilemma .

Bit embarrassing as a Gonzaga ex pat alumnus to be flying in for the final on a commercial airliner.

1 Like

From Poland

2 Likes