Leinster Senior hurling championship 2022

Like I said on the day I hope Wexford enjoyed their AI in February :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Kilkenny always know how to handle Dublin, just keep working keep hurling physically and the scores will come easier for them than for Dublin. Wish we could learn that

1 Like

He has hit some awful ball today

The league was absolutely meaningless this year. In fairness probably more than ever with the condensed championship.

In fairness, winning that draw against Galway was a bit of a false dawn

It took ten years for this post to be proved right but it’s finally there now.

2 Likes

They need to play Leinster first and bring the top two into Munster as this really is absolutely septic stuff week after week in this province.

Yes, but if Galway beat Dublin last day and Wexford beat Kilkenny, Wexford, Kilkenny and Dublin will all finish on 6 points. Dublin will have the worst scoring average of the three.

Useful draw for Wexford in Fortress Mullingar. Equation remains the same really, win in Nowlan Park and they should advance.

2 Likes

Tipp would probably finish top in Leinster

Ah now, let’s not get ahead of ourselves :stuck_out_tongue:

The greediness of the Dublin forwards.

Mullen should be MOTM here. Despite all the bodies in the middle third he has the run of it

A lot of handling errors from Dublin players since half time

I have no doubt that a fair share of the panel despise Cody but they still work like dogs every day they go out for him

8 Likes

Bring back Ger Cunningham.

1 Like

You don’t get that jersey if you’re a show pony.

Yes that’s correct. I hadn’t factored Kilkenny into the reckoning at all. Coach Egan will use this as a motivational tool and a hurting Wexford are always dangerous. We need Kilkenny to really sow it in to Dublin here so.

Dublin only had a scoring difference of +11 coming into this evening despite having already played Laois and Westmeath. That’ll be a minus after this game finishes. Dublin are the definition of powder puff.

Wexford’s scoring difference is +26.

Dublin could be here until June and still wouldn’t raise a green flag.

Am I correct in saying that in the event of Dublin plundering a draw or win in Salthill and Wexford winning in UPMC Nowlan Park, Kilkenny would lose out to Wexford on head to head and be eliminated?

1 Like