Leinster Senior hurling championship 2022

Wow, justā€¦ā€¦. Wow!

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

Gavin Bailey has been a great find in the absence of Paudi Foley

1 Like

Perfect game to blood the types of Ross Banville and Conor Hearne and here we are after only using 3 subs, 4 now with Dunbar

Only 1 of the subs is a new panel member. Dunnes, Dunbar and Jacko have had plenty of chances over the years.

20 point victory and the nit pickers aka @Mac are out in force.

Championship favourites have exceedingly high standards.

2 Likes

Missed chance alright
Big enough score to concede but game was over at first water break
Could be record for highest championship score for Wexford?
Rory Oā€™ Connor is fantastic
Davy will be going to war next week so he will

I am indeed. Laois were shite. We learned nothing other than Laois were shite. Hearne and Banville are 2 of the best young hurlers in the county and today would have been a great opportunity to give them championship exposure. Instead he brings on 3 lads that are fully exposed and he knows exactly how good they are. Tis just frustrating is all

39 years nearly to the day since a team scored 5-31 In The championship

1 Like

Lot to build on there, youā€™d have to be happy with that

1 Like

The team that scored that on that date were sent home with their tea in a mug next day out by Kilkenny . Just saying !!

They got notions

1 Like

Davy has his favourites

@Bandage lining up a big one here.

I missed a large part of the second half because the two youngest members of my family conspired to act the complete bollix.

Laois didnā€™t raise a gallop. Aside from strange tactics, their work rate was appalling. A bit of a problem if you combine a mass zonal defence with no running or tackling. Lads basically standing around and not trying.

I hate to do a @Mac on it and hone in on the negatives, but we still looked quite loose and open. They still had a shit load of shots and wides. Itā€™s probably silly to read anything good or bad into a game like that, but Iā€™d be worried about our lack of pace around the half back line. I could see better teams breaking onto ball there and creating goal chances.

We also need to ban St Anneā€™s players from hitting back pass sidelines; McGovernā€™s tonight was worse than Oā€™Keeffeā€™s against Clare last year.

Some great scores taken though by Rory Oā€™Connor and Conor McDonald in particular. A return to form for the latter. Not just based on this game but Shane Reck looks to have improved a lot. Had a very solid league and was good tonight. Another positive was we tackled better, made plenty of blocks and dispossessions and cut down on free concessions. Again though, it was a non event of a match.

1 Like

This was encouraging but as @Fagan_ODowd once described Man City, heā€™s a great lad to cycle fast down hill with the wind. I hope he brings that form into next week but past history has me worried.

The main positives for me was that Rory is just magical from anywhere and great in a free role. Mikie Dwyer is also a very intelligent user of the ball and opens up a lot of attacks for others.

We hoped to win easily. We did. No injuries or suspensions. Onto next week. Fuck Kilkenny

2 Likes

Did Chin get injured near the end when he left him on fairly needlessly?

He walked off but did put an ice pack on his leg. Id imagine itā€™s just a knock and heā€™ll be fine. Iā€™m sure Davy will say heā€™s a doubt etcšŸ˜

1 Like

The case for an 8 or 9 team championship grows stronger every time after a result like this. Laois are shite and always will be. I thought Antrim were progressing but today gave the lie to that, although Dublin will get trimmed when they meet someone half decent. The only value of today for Wexford is that theyā€™ve a championship game played, which will stand to them v Kilkenny.

Is yer man called Cheddar because of the inevitable cheesy smell off his greasy head whenever he takes off that filthy cap?. Smell of neglect off him.

Sure Limerick could turnover Waterford by 20 points. Does that mean Waterford shouldnā€™t be in the championship? Teams get their hairy arses handed to them in competition all the time. Wales did tonight. Should they not have been at the Euros?

Cork v Waterford Munster final