Leinster Senior hurling championship 2022

Mullen should be MOTM here. Despite all the bodies in the middle third he has the run of it

A lot of handling errors from Dublin players since half time

I have no doubt that a fair share of the panel despise Cody but they still work like dogs every day they go out for him

8 Likes

Bring back Ger Cunningham.

1 Like

You don’t get that jersey if you’re a show pony.

Yes that’s correct. I hadn’t factored Kilkenny into the reckoning at all. Coach Egan will use this as a motivational tool and a hurting Wexford are always dangerous. We need Kilkenny to really sow it in to Dublin here so.

Dublin only had a scoring difference of +11 coming into this evening despite having already played Laois and Westmeath. That’ll be a minus after this game finishes. Dublin are the definition of powder puff.

Wexford’s scoring difference is +26.

Dublin could be here until June and still wouldn’t raise a green flag.

Am I correct in saying that in the event of Dublin plundering a draw or win in Salthill and Wexford winning in UPMC Nowlan Park, Kilkenny would lose out to Wexford on head to head and be eliminated?

1 Like

We’re going to do it.

1 Like

Yes. The permutations still lend themselves to a bit of drama. On a separate note Dublin have been poor to moderate for most of this Leinster Championship. Lads here were hyping them up as having a big say in the championship but I think it was a poor result for Wexford to lose to them.

1 Like

Revenge for handshake-gate

This result will make Dublin’s win in Salthill next week all the more perplexing.

1 Like

Shades of 1998 about Kilkenny’s demolition of Dublin at Parnell Park.

1 Like

What are the updated shtandings in this bear pit of a competition

Head to head doesn’t come into it in the event of a three-way tie, under general rule anyway

Dublin are already on 6 though. They’re safely through if they get a result in Galway. A highly unlikely Wexford win in Nowlan Park could theoretically eliminate Kilkenny in such a scenario.

Yes, but in the event of a two way tie, isn’t it head to head? The equation remains the same for Wexford regardless of drawing or winning in Mullingar this evening. A win next Saturday in Nowlan Park and they advance.

Lads still even considering Wexford beating Kilkenny. Not a hope chaps. Not a fucking hope. Write off the year for GAA altogether as an absolute failure and move on to next year. Just finish up the tailteann cup game and be done with it. Minors in both a disaster. U20 in both. Senior in both. Just fucking shit.

1 Like

Footballers had a 10 point win in a practice match against Carlow the other night. Well primed for the Tailteann cup!

1 Like