Leitrim Football 2017

Waterford 1-4 Leitrim 0-5

Come on leitrim

Leitrim 1-13 2-08 Waherford FT

That auld cunt @Fagan_ODowd will be seething.

3 Likes

Fuck him

3 Likes

Well @thedancingbaby @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy @Matty_Hislop @anon67715551 @farmerinthecity,what did ye make of our league campaign? We bate Wicklow Carlow London and Waterford with two narrow losses to league toppers Wexford and mid table Limerick with our only big loss to Westmeath.Dissapointing losses to Wex and Lk as we had an extra man for most of those games and could have won both if we had a bit more composure.On a more positive note we had a lot of very young players starting and hopefully they will stay on.Beating London and giving the sheepstealers a good rattle/or beat is the focus now. Liatroim abu.

1 Like

we won what i expected to win
we lost what i expected to lose

if one of those narrow defeats was a narrow win it would have been a good campaign

3 Likes

We will see you in carrick next spring. Limerick could have a few big road trips to leitrim, antrim and london

Think we have a right chance of getting promoted next year.

Laois will stroll back up to Division 3 but absolutely no reason why we can’t beat Carlow, Antrim, Limerick, London, Wicklow and Waterford.

1 Like

I booked the trip to Ruislip today. I’m looking forward to it immensely.

1 Like

I’ll be there myself,looking forward to it alright

Great stuff mate. Just doing a day trip myself.

We’ll fuck Laois too pal.

1 Like

We won’t mate. Laois will stroll the division but hopefully we nick the second spot.

What a day in Croke Park that would be. I would definitely arrange pre match drinks with @myboyblue for that.

2 Likes

Leitrim footballer Emlyn Mulligan has made an impressive return to his home club.

The Melvin Gaels forward lined out in his first competitive match for his native club since 2011 as he switch allegiance to Dublin side St Brigid’s the following year and remained there until transferring back earlier this year.

The talented forward registered 1-06 to help the Kinlough outfit to a 1-12 to 1-07 win over Glencar/Manorhamilton in a league match.

Mulligan has been one of Leitrim’s best players since making his debut in 2008, scoring 0-10 against Galway in his debut championship season.

He suffered a cruciate injury in 2009 before taking a year out from the inter-county game in 2015, playing for the Donegal club in Boston that summer.

@Massey

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=269265

Should be a good crowd alright @thedancingbaby,its a bank holiday the weather should be good theres a new stand being opened and london will fancy they’re chances of beating Leitrim.What does ruislip hold?, would a man be advised to get a ticket?

I’d imagine you’d be grand paying on the day but I’m hoping to get a couple of stand tickets beforehand as travelling with the oul lad and it would be a long day for him on his feet all day

Owen Mulligan could be about to do a ‘Seanie Johnston’ after his appearance in a London club hurling game yesterday made him eligible to play for the Exiles against Leitrim in the first round of the Connacht SFC next month.

The three-time Tyrone All-Ireland winning forward came off the bench in the closing stages of Fulham Irish’s defeat to Granauile in the London intermediate hurling championship. Mulligan, now 35, moved to the English capital earlier this year for work reasons and could yet feature for Ciaran Deely’s men on May 28 at the redeveloped Irish TV GAA grounds in Ruislip.

In 2012, Seanie Johnston famously made a brief cameo appearance for Coill Dubh in a Kildare SHC game in order to be eligible to play for the Lilywhites, who were managed by Kieran McGeeney at the time. He returned to play for his native Cavan last year.

Would he not just tog out for a football team?