Leitrim Football 2017

Have only seen it in a drunken haze about 10 years ago buddy. However, if you must venture to the 6 Bells, take a short trot to a boozer run by a great mates of mine Ger and Joan Foley called The Windmill about 100m away.

We were on a tear there years ago and spent the weekend slaughtering bottles of Grolsch (sp) at 24 for £10…

That was great and I was great myself, until I asked Ger was there any profit in the deal…

“You daft Leitrim cunt - they were 3 years out of date, the brewery cleared out all the stock they had”

Luckily I’d brought a brown trousers but they weren’t called on. Foleys are alright sorts.

The GAA has confirmed the following fixture details for the Christy Ring, Nicky Rackard, and Lory Meagher Cup Finals.

The games will be streamed live on TG4 and GAA.ie.

Saturday June 10

Christy Ring Cup Final

Antrim v Carlow, Croke Park, 5pm

E.T if necessary

Nicky Rackard Cup Final

Armagh v Derry, Croke Park, 3pm

E.T if necessary

Lory Meagher Cup Final

Leitrim v Warwickshire, Croke Park, 1pm

E.T if necessary

London GAA have secured new naming rights for their redeveloped home ahead of its reopening this weekend.

The Ruislip venue, which has been known as the Irish TV Grounds in recent years, has officially been renamed McGovern Park after businessman Tony McGovern gave his support to the county board.

The new Tony McGovern 1,950 seater stand will be unveiled on Sunday when London take on McGovern’s native Leitrim in the Connacht SFC quarter-final.

Are these the Aughavas McGoverns @anon67715551 who sponsered us in 94?

Got it in one… Enjoy the weekend.

1 Like

BREAKING: Five debuts for Leitrim against London https://t.co/7fhTbLS1d9
Is McKeown injured?

Maybe he will be thrown in at the start in a late change?

He’s one of our best players,I can’t see how we wouldn’t start him unless he’s injured or unfit.He’s a great man to have on the bench to bring on though.The young lads must be doing well in training.

No Aughawillian player starting either.

I don’t know the background but it is common for key players to be sprung on to the team directly in advance of thrown in.

‘A late change to the team announced on the programme…’

None of the Plunketts - surprising.

I see Gary and Noel Plunkett are subs. My reading of it is that Seamus Quinn laid down the law to Benny re: the upcoming AIJunior s/f where Wayne Mac, the Plunketts and Alan Armstrong are playing members of the junior squad. Fukkit we must be fairly confident with the 15 selected as I’d have Wayne and Gary Plunkett down as starters every day.
All that said the captain informed me the other morning that they’re flying and that youth was going to be given it’s chance. The 2/17 squad is the 1st. in about 15 years that doesn’t feature Barry Prior.

Leitrim by 6 easing up.

1 Like

Totally agree with this.Beat London give the sheepstealers a close game and win a quailifer or two if we get a good draw,win the junior AI and and win the AI junior hurling and I’d be happy enough,we could push on next year then.

1 Like

A topping blueprint altogether. I’d take it as well mind you.

1 Like

London manager Ciaran Deely has revealed his starting 15 for Sunday’s Connacht senior football championship quarter-final against Leitrim.

There is no place for ex-Tyrone star Owen Mulligan despite the three-time All-Ireland winner having played for the Exiles in a recent challenge match against Waterford. It has been speculated that the Cookstown native could play some part in Ruislip on Sunday as the home side look to upset 13/8 odds against Brendan Guckian’s men.

German-born forward Mark Gottsche, who represented Galway in the 2008 National League, starts on ‘the 40’ and is flanked by Garryowen’s Eoin Murray and Jarlath Branagan of Parnells.

Gottsche’s Tír Chonaill Gaels club mate Killian Butler is named at number 15, while Colin Dunne and Ryan Jones occupy the central positions in defence and Cathal Óg Greene and Liam Gavaghan partner each other at midfield.

Throw-in at Ruislip is at 3pm.

London (Connacht SFC v Leitrim): Gavin McEvoy; Philip Butler, Colin Dunne, Conor O’Neill; Marc Jordan, Ryan Jones, Ciaran Dunne; Cathal Óg Greene, Liam Gavaghan; Eoin Murray, Mark Gottsche, Jarlath Branagan; Rory Mason, Conor Doran, Killian Butler.

Surely Boxty there would be no emphasis on the junior team.

That said, Keith Squiddsy Keegan is a fierce good footballer.

No harm trying to win the junior,as long as we bate London.When’s the junior semi final?

I don’t know mate.

Junior semi is on 22 July

Who we playing

Munster Champions