Leitrim Football 2017

Head and shoulders,his free taking alone won them the game.

Right enough of that nonsense lads. Let’s get back on track

1 Like

Ate ye for the Hyde next week lad,I’ll be there meself. We’ll take them cunts next week

I am indeed mate. There will be 3 of us jumping in the car and departing Fingal around 11 next Sunday. 2 will be wearing the green n gold and 1 in the primrose n blue. I actually give us a small, small chance. By next Sunday I’ll probably think we’re certainties :smile:

1 Like

Six days in advance and Roscommon have revealed their team for their championship opener.

On Sunday, the Rossies will bid for a place in the Connacht SFC decider against Galway on July 9 for the second successive season when they welcome Leitrim to Dr Hyde Park for their provincial semi-final clash.

Manager Kevin McStay has named three debutants in his starting side as goalkeeper Colm Lavin (Eire Og), midfielder Tadhg O’Rourke (Tulsk) and wing-forward Brian Stack (St Brigid’s) prepare for their first taste of championship at this level.

There are four changes in personnel from their last competitive outing which was against Cavan in the Allianz League eleven weeks ago with Stack, a younger brother of Ronan (named on the bench), John McManus, Sean Mullooly and Fintan Cregg replacing Cian Connolly, Gary Patterson and injured duo Ultan Harney (back) and Cathal Compton (hamstring).

Thomas Corcoran is sidelined along with his fellow midfielder and Strokestown clubman Compton while Ciaran Cafferky also misses out but Sean McDermott has returned to full fitness and starts at wing-back.

Roscommon (Connacht SFC v Leitrim): Colm Lavin; David Murray, John McManus, Niall McInerney; Sean McDermott, Sean Mullooly, Conor Devaney; Tadgh O’Rourke, Enda Smith; Fintan Cregg, Niall Kilroy, Brian Stack; Ciarain Murtagh, Diarmuid Murtagh, Donie Smith.

Subs: Darren O’Malley, Brian Murtagh, Cian Connolly, Colin Compton, David Rooney, Gary Patterson, Henry Walsh, Ian Kilbride, Ronan Stack, Shane Killoran, Thomas Featherston.

Team named for Sunday.

1 Brendan Flynn

2 Michael Mc Weeney
3 Ronan Gallagher
4 Paddy Maguire

5 James Rooney
6 Donal Wrynn
7 OisĂ­n Madden

8 Shane Moran
9 Damien Moran

10 Brendan Gallagher
11 Dean McGovern
12 Ryan O Rourke

13 Keith Beirne
14 Conor Gaffney
15 Darragh Rooney

Leitrim manager Brendan Guckian has named an unchanged starting 15 for Sunday’s Connacht Senior Championship Semi-Final clash with Roscommon.

The team, announced at noon on Thursday, is the same that took to the field against London in Ruislip with Dean McGovern, a late addition after an injury to Jack Heslin, retaining his place in the line-up.

It means that there is no place in the starting line-up for two-goal hero Ronan Kennedy who came off the bench in the second half to guide Leitrim past the Exiles.

Paddy Maguire on Ciaran Murtagh.

He is the best defender we have.

Where is Wayne McKeon mate? Injured?

McKeon came on against London mate so I presume he’s on the bench again.

Wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a couple of changes before throw in. Kennedy has to be deemed unlucky if he doesn’t get a start.

Well said Colin Regan…COMMMEEEE ONNNNN

2 Likes

Come on Leitrim .

Let’s do this

1 Like

Is Colin Regan a bit of a prick?

Far from it.

1 Like

A dealing I had with him once would suggest otherwise.

That’s disappointing to hear. Having met him a couple of times my opinion would be different to yours.

Now I’m thinking it probably says more about you than him which disappoints me also.

2 Likes

Who was the Roscommon player he decked back in the day for calling him a proddie?

Francie Grehan. A superb strike

2 Likes

Think what you like, I know what I dealt with.

Chill mate. It’s Friday afternoon

1 Like