Leitrim Football 2017

Which one of you wrote to balls.ie lads

I’d be very much in favour of a B championship too.

But, for it to work IMO you need to make Championship straight knockout, the Qualifiers currently is a pile of shite bar the odd dream story like Tipp last year. Let every team participate in their Provinical series.

Run an A & B championship in a League format during the summer. Be fucking rid of these meaningless FBD, O’Byrnes Cup etc earlier in the year. Let the clubs start their championships earlier.

Promotion from B Champinship for 2 teams. Top ranked straight up & 2nd place into playoff vs 2nd bottom of A championship.

But what do you have to say about a heap of players polled by the GPA who don’t want a B Championship?

Groups are the only way in the Championship. Give counties 6 games guaranteed. B Championship can come after. Otherwise you’ll have another Tommy Murphy Cup debacle.

We must be very close to being the worst team in the championship at the minute lads,I’d even rank NY above with only London possibly below us.Its a sad state of affairs.Unless there’s a real improvement over the winter NY will beat us next year and we won’t even get to compete in the championship proper.We also need a kind draw in the quailifers as another hammering will sink us altogether.

I’d tell the GPA to fuck off for themselves.

Breaking news

Now another row is brewing - the C/B have fixed 2 rounds of the league for this weekend. Players up in arms.

And here’s me thinking all they wanted was matches over the summer (at any level). What’s the point of all the training and sacrifice if you can’t go out of a Summers evening and play a fucking match.

And fógra eile - don’t mention the qualifiers - if Carlow beat London we “might” get a favourable draw. Otherwise it’s put a bush in the gap there for another year.

It’s absolutely ridiculous what’s happening the smaller counties. Football needs a championship overhaul more than hurling. Have a round robin provencial series, those knocked out go to B championship, maybe round robin as well. What’s to lose? OK maybe get hammered a few times along the way, but something to actually play for afterwards.

That’s true.

I wasn’t at the Sligo match last year but in the words of someone at it ‘we were hammered!’

Winners of London and Carlow would be the preference. Although I still wouldn’t fancy our chances.

Boys

Eir Sport showing 1994 Connaught final now .

1 Like

Mayo God help us

Watching it here.

55 minutes in Mayo have scored 1-1. They scored the goal in the first minute.

2 years later they fucked away an All Ireland.

1 Like

Ciaran McDonald there before he got the plaits in the hair.

1 Like

Great pitch invasion . Exuberance !!!

2 Likes

Better times.

1 Like

Don’t think we’re at rock bottom yet Massey. Still a couple of teams out there that I would fancy our chances of beating.

At the minute we’re not far off,but a decent qualifier draw and a win would do wonders for the young lads confidence.

@thedancingbaby has just made a shocking revelation