Leitrim Football 2017

That I lumped on Roscommon on the handicap last week?

whats this mate?

my news was that you dont think we are rock bottom just yet

:smile:

Draw tomorrow.

Wexford/Armagh/Cavan/Carlow await.

Carlow at home probably best draw to prolong the agony

Good chance vs Carlow. Small chance vs Wexford. No chance vs Armagh or Cavan.

Carlow away.

We’ll take that.

Anyone know if Brendan Murphy is suspended? Did he go for two yellows yesterday?

Yeah he’s suspended mate. Great draw for both teams. Carlow have momentum and home advantage but we are definitely in with a shout

London the formline suggests this will be close . I 'd give Carlow nod at home .

Carlow vs Leitrim
Netwatch Dr Cullen Park
Saturday 8th July

2 Likes

All Ireland Junior Semi Final
Leitrim vs Kerry
Sat 22nd July 2017
Venue TBC

Kerry beat Cork 4-24 to 3-20 AET in the Munster Final this evening

Minors in provincial semi final action tomorrow evening at Markievicz Park.

Sligo won by 3 points in the league game so hopefully the young lads can turn it around.

Connacht looks Galway’s to lose going by league results and their beating of Mayo in the quarter final.

B Championships, Only 2 games in the Championship, etc. etc.

Lets be honest lads, for any county outside of the top 10 none of that is going to do much other than stroll along in a B competition in comparison to the All Ireland Championship. You could offer 15 games to every county but that fucks the club game within the county.

Thes best option is to invest in youth and hope it gets you somewhere that you can target the league in 5 to 10 years. Saw it with Clare. Same with anyone else. Clare’s division 3 league win last year was one of my proudest moments in Croker. All jokes aside but the distance those lads came to win that was remarkable.

Leitrim cannot win Connacht right now and would be doubtful to get beyond beating NY(dont think ye would this or last year) or London at times. Clare wont beat Kerry nor a Cork team going well. Same as Waterford and Limerick but there is a chance ye could win an NFL Div. 4 with luck and a well organised young team in time same as we did in Div. 3. A run in the qualifiers then and a big home game against someone beatable would be special for the county. Look at Longford last year beating Monaghan for example!

This talk of more chances and B competitions for me is just another Tommy Murphy and strange enough that might be harder to win for certain counties as the developing counties and experienced teams probably would go for it bald headed and you might end up getting hammered by a Laois or Westmeath in the first round!

Hopefully its in Limerick. That’s a fair big score. 12 pts won’t do that day @anon67715551

1 Like

68 players used in championship in the last 4 years is unbelievable

Wow!

Half Time

Leitrim 1-4 Sligo 0-5

Full Time

Sligo 3-12 Leitrim 3-7

The cuntd were well in it until the last 10 minutes,fuck it anyways. Who bate Mayo?

Galway beat them well in quarter final

1 Like