Leitrim Football 2017

@caoimhaoin what’s the difference between a Lead Performance Therapist & A lead performance coach? I presume the coach is the S&C guy and the performance therapist is a wankish name for a physio?

Who the fuck is paying all these lads I’d like to know.Maybe @caoimhaoin can break it down for us as to who does what.I know what the goalkeeping coach does btw

Fuck knows.

Carliw has a brilliant new degree in Athletic Therapy though and i assume its one of these guys.

Its rehab/S&C/massage therapy and a few other things put together. They are getting recognition now i think.

Of course Physios hate them

Carlow seem to be doing well on the sports side now alright. Is there work for all these S&C guys that are being churned out though?

Going back to Leitrim, I was dismayed to read that about 7 or 8 players refused to commit to the MINORS this year. Those young bucks should be chomping at the bit to play.

If that is happening we are properly fucked.

That is sad, whatever about getting disillusioned when you get older, that should be an honour every young lad is chasing.

1 Like

Not all, but isn’t it only 25% of people go into the job their degree is designed for?

County GAA is big business now though. I know 3 of them from there involved in underage teams in Cork

More like their parents proably objected

Leitrim will be without at least eight players for their All-Ireland JFC semi-final against Kerry on Saturday.

The Gaelic Grounds will host the clash which has been billed as a David v. Goliath contest as Kerry are the raging hot favourites.

From the side that defeated Mayo in the Connacht final, Leitrim are without eight players from that game as these all went on to feature for the county’s senior side, which made them ineligible to continue playing for the juniors.

That means the likes of Keith Beirne, Wayne McKeon, Oisin Madden, Noel Plunkett, Dean McGovern, Keith Keegan, Niall McGovern and Gary Plunkett all miss out.

There is still a lot of experience in the side, but the loss of the senior players is sure to be a massive blow to their chances of causing an upset.

Ah jaysus.Are we in for another hiding tomorrow,I see kerry are going for 3 I a row

An almighty hammering I’d imagine

I suppose people thought that about the mayo/Galway games too.We still have plenty of ex senior players they could call up,any word on our team.A double header tomorrow with two hammerings in store.

Kerry 1-4 Leitrim 1-0

1-08 1-01 ht.We conceded a very soft goal, kerry playing much better than us.We have no threat up front at all.If we keep it to 10 points I’d be happy.

Kerry 1-13 Leitrim 1-8

2 Likes

1-16 1-09 FT.Very good second half from the lads.We missed a one on one from the throw in which would have made it interesting.We got it down to 5 pts a couple of times but couldn’t get the goals we needed.All in all a respectable enough performance he lads kept going to the very end.The seniors could learn a thing or two from that? Liam Ryan from Kinlough was our standout player today.

2 Likes

Feared the worst Massey with all the seniors missing. Fair play to them.

So did I. Kerry are very beatable,if we had the connaught final team out we’d have beaten them alright. Our forwards were v poor today.

Decent show . The worries were it could get ugly .