Leitrim Football 2019

Great to see, any day the Wexicans are beaten is a good day.

1 Like

We surrender a 2 point lead with 5 to go to trail by 1 as the clock ticked into lost time.

Boxty’s protegees Shane Moran (SoH) and our kid RoR engjneered a green flag and the Garden county went rose smelling.

More difficult hurdles lie ahead but its step by step,…

V

1 Like

Jaysus will you take that table down before we have to start explaining as to where it all went wrong as it may do.
There’s a good buzz looking at it just the same…

1 Like

Another win. Hard fought it appears but a win nonetheless.

In the aftermath of Sunday’s hard won battle the younger natives are becoming bullish.
I was in the hardware earlier and 3/4 20somethings were discussing round 4 of D4.

It’s Limerick next says Paddy. Fukkit we’ll make a weekend out of it says the next lad…
Where’s it on lads says I. Rathkeale Boxty, we’re y’ever in it?..Hmmmm don’t think so.
I’ll probably give that one a miss lads says I, they’re odd folk down there I added.

I suppose Limerick could have brought us all the way to Abbeyfeale if they wanted.
Cunts.

1 Like

So it’s now on in Kilmallock of all places. 148 miles away.
A crucial encounter. Should we beat Limerick and Derry defeat Wicklow that would leave both of us on 8 points and the following pack on 4.
Two home games (London Waterford) and away to Derry to come. It’s actually possible.

Of course tomorrow will be tricky, the hosts will have probably bought the referee, the fuckers, but a win there would be a solid massive boost.

2 Likes

These Limerick fuckers aren’t adhering to the script in Kilmallock.
We trail 0-07 to 0-05 at leath ama. It has all the hallmarks of a dour struggle.

Get in there.

1 Like

Amen to that. That’s the 3rd.game on the trot we’ve gone to the well in injury time.
All fine and dandy when it works but that rub of the green won’t last forever. Better to knock it out of their heads early and stop filling Sligo General with coronary cases.

Leitrim and Cork next year bro.

Would this be considered a decent Leitrim crop? Full pick of players?

It was nearly all Leitrim support at the match.

There was a group stood behind me and at half time one of them announces he’s going to the shop.

“Will you get me a tea?” one of his friends roars as he walks off.

“Go away and shite” was the answer.

At that moment the fabric of GAA and rural Ireland never felt closer. Some party when they get promoted and good luck to them.

2 Likes

Dod you meet DancingBaby?

Fairly sure I spotted him in Houlihan’s pre match watching the racing, muttering on about “Gordon” to his pals. He’s taller than I’d have thought.

That sounds like him alright

Yes.

We have still lost players from last year but we have a good bunch of players for the first time in a while.

2 Likes

Congrats to Leitrim .

A great achievement from Hyland in his year.

Absolutely, top men.