Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

I see Dr. Blaithin Gallagher didn’t poll great in Mohill or Eslin.

:smile:

Hardly Green strongholds. A lot of the Mohill town vote would have been focussed on the potential rise in the rock & roll and the immediacey of it’s implementation.

Impressive polling by Kenny. Raked in 1st.preferences all across Sligo as well.

He’s an alright sort I think. One of the good ones.

Blaithin would of course be a daughter of Pat the Vet RIP, and Anna who is still very much alive. They would have lived in both Mohill and Eslin predominantly.

I assume this must be a girlfriend/relation of one of the 2 lads jailed earlier this week

Cartown nightclub?

The rape case was from Manor some time ago.2 locals.Not sure where shes from.

Ah - ok. I heard rumours that it was around Carrick.

I heard of a pub in Mohill done for serving last week. Not surprising given the individuals involved.

Glebe St. :thinking:

Yes.

Ben Lennon has slipped off to a trad session in the sky. A wonderful fiddle player and a great man to tell a yarn, he got a good run of it as he hit 92.
There’ll be a rip of a night in Rossinver when this cloud passes. Leitrim man of the year a few years ago. RIP.

3 Likes

Venue confirmed there today. Accessed via back gardens. Unfortunately other folk had their gardens trampled and not being locals originally, sought revenge…
I’m just glad it wasn’t the venue across the road as she could do without that.

Publican involved is/was always a hungry fucker, refused to plug in the Christmas lights for the street one year because they had a grandchild who’s sleep would be disturbed.
That’s Mohill for you. 12 of the 14 patrons has addresses opposite Pairc Pilib MacAonghusa.

Agree on publican involved. I think much of their trade would be on tick until dole day so he was anxious to get his few bob.

He’s had a lot of tragedy. Yet people still have nothing good to say about him.

I happened to wander in there the last time I was in Mohill back at the start of January. Much more quiet than I would have been used to going in there the odd occasion with the old man. The lady barmaid has a few words for me (she can be difficult) but father and son hung around with not much spake.

That’s Catherine Cassells, I can never remember her marriage surname…
She’d be out our way and would know whatever gang I’d be with. She’s always been grand to my mind, has a bit about her and without doubt a big plus to the place.
I know of the misfortunes, but the pair of them have faces that would turn back funerals.

That’s her. She can be a very decent skin in many ways but can look down her nose at stupid idiots drinking around her. She’s probably right.

Married name is Charles.

1 Like

Bingo… Senility alert for myself.

Philip would be much more of a laid back character than Catherine.

I know a few lads who were doing a bit of baling for Philip. 8:45am on a summer’s morning they arrive to a few cans of Bulmers for the thirst. That went on until about 11am until Philip announced ‘the bar is closed’.

Catherine was up from finishing up late the night before.

Cullens pub is closed these days.Theres only Gilbrides left now beside the church and it doesnt hold many.Not sure what pubs are left in Kilty these days,The Cosy and McGriskins i think.Theyd nearly be better off goin to Garrison or Bellek.Its a bleak part of the world in the winter around there.

Catherine’s mother died the day before her wedding iirc. God knows she’d waited long enough but it was a bit unfortunate to say the least. Carolan told her he’d the grub ordered and to plough ahead. She did. That’s the level you’re dealing with.