Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

Only in Mohill… Mercifully Bula McCrann wasn’t underneath it. That Clarke lad is a solid misfortunate.

Sean is a pure gent but unfortunately is also a disaster as you say.

Leitrim and Ballinamore in the news again today as medals are being handed out relative to events of nearly 40 years ago. It was an exciting few days as the Garda chiefs confirmed the perpetrators were pinned inside a ring of steel and it merely a matter of time before they were brought to book.
I remember looking along the counter in the Abbey Bar as the 9 pm news churned out this “fact”.
2 lads who were almost assuredly within 10’ of the unfortunate Don Tidey when the ruckus kicked off were nodding sagely at the telly while calmly polishing pints of the finest porter.
Loud guffaws emanated from the entire gathering when the segment ended…A ring of steel…:rofl::rofl::beer:

2 Likes

One for @farmerinthecity here….

:rage::rage:

1 Like

I just knew that response was coming.

1 Like

Ballinamore in news….

Breaking News ; €50,000 Cannabis Herb and €5,000 Cocaine seized in Co Leitrim

What a picture. John Joe McGirl’s funeral. Were you there @anon67715551 ?

2 Likes

I was indeed. I have a picture somewhere of the crowd coming down the slope from the Church onto the level ground taken from about 40yds out.
It gives a great image of the extent of the crowd. An absolute gent who never saw a body stuck for anything he could help with.
Fíor-Gaél a bhí sé. His monument describes him as “an unbreakable and unbroken Fenian”.

2 Likes

Manorhamilton man right behind Marty there

1 Like

True that. Is he still alive? He wasn’t well there for a spell. A good friend of mine is behind Gerry’s shoulder, Tom Joe Kearney from Kesh….

Still alive as far as I know.

Neanderthals in Manorhamilton objecting to opening gold mines in Mullies…

Would you believe that my homeplace is one of the areas they want to dig.Cunts.They can fuck off.

@anon67715551 are you sure Conlon isn’t living in Limerick cause that’s a few times I’ve seen him tweeting about Limerick

As I said the last I heard of was somewhere in the Midlands, Mullingar crossed my mind, something connected to musings about a county final there.
Based on this info it’s evident he’s moved to Limerick, it’s the draw of being closer to the action. He’s gone like the late Red Adair, following the fires.

1 Like

We’ll have to start a Leitrim society down here

1 Like

Now lad, take my humble advice and keep the head down, you’ll have Tommy writing articles with you as the scapegoat before you know it.
Writers and commentators are not to be trusted.

1 Like

FAO @Massey….Here’s your Manor haunt….

1 Like

Where’d you get that :grinning: