Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

You fucking gom. Every second post out of you is about biodiversity yet you want to plant these abominations that kill all life under them :joy:

3 Likes

Theyd have to get a few muldoons in to plant them though. Otherwise itd take an entire day to plant a shrub/pose for photos/give interview/post on social media etc

4 Likes

I said we need a mixture, thats not hard to understand mate

I’m fairly disappointed in @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy here,he’s obviously never been to a Sika plantation.A death zone,like something out of Chernobyl,and that’s before felling.But sure yeah,let’s blanket the west of Ireland with these abominations and drive people from the land into towns and cities so we can feel superior while driving our plug in cars thinking wee great.

3 Likes

There are sitka plantations on the Dublin mountains but again, whats the issue with having a mixture

If you plant any sitka together you are accepting that you are killing that patch of land.

2 Likes

Sika needs to be banned.Period.

If you are replacing fields with trees then its a good thing when we need to take csrbon out of the atmosphere.

Bogs take much more carbon out of the atmosphere that Sika but you’re happy to see bogs planted with sika destroying them for ever.Not alone the wildlife your killing too.

2 Likes

You’re beloved Sika, teaming with wildlife it is.

6 Likes

That’s another one of your usual overly simplistic soundbites.

If it’s a tree it must be good.

1 Like

Yes mate, im from Dublin, we are surrounded by them.on the mountains. Great for taking carbon out of the atmosphere

No, a mixture of fast growing trees and native trees are good.

Rural ireland who deatroyed biodiversity want us to believe that they are against these trees for biodiversity reasons isnt plausible

I thought you were from Fingal?

Nope, i spent my early years in glencullen

increase both

Native deciduous tree species only please.

It is known that deciduous species are much better at absorbing carbon at any rate

5 Likes

You seen the feeble attempt at promoting both in cruagh? Lipservice and being able to nod towards promoting native is all it is while cashing in on spruce at the expense of biodiversity

1 Like

agreed, when they eventually grow , hence the need for a mix