Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

If you Leitrim folk would join the 21st century and put in an automatic door…

/original/3X/3/3/337b6548f5b0066c4001999a274867ecfd9d88ea.mp4

Awful thing this morning in Sydney, Leitrim man killed in a car crash.
Probably by some cunt trying to avoid the toll

I went to school with him. Lovely fella. Picture sums him up. Tragic.

Shite, sorry pal. He seems to have been a character.
I know that exit on the M4 well, fucking death trap at times, fuckers veering across 3 lanes in a panic to avoid a $4 toll.

I read somewhere that one of the drivers involved left the scene. Shocking.

Hey @farmerinthecity…I see your neighbour has been re-elected to the Council. Big vote too. There mustn’t be era’ pothole or wild mile of hedging out round Eslinbridge.

The road outride my home place was done in the last two weeks.

That clown Guckian got in I see.

1 Like

Big gathering in your neck of the woods over the coming days with the passing of the councillors mother RIP. I was having a laugh with him only Saturday. A week is a short time.
In other news I had 1 (one) in a former favourite haunt in Glebe St. post match. One was more than adequate as the clientele and ambience have gone to solid fuck.

I knew she was sick but wasn’t aware she had passed away. RIP.

The Glebe Street establishment wouldn’t be out of place in Ballymun these days mate, from what I hear. All sorts of carry on going on including some down right frightening stuff.

James Glancy that got the goal for the Hurlers yesterday. Is that the same lad played football for leitrim and worked as a gpo in Dublin for a while?

Negative to that. The lad you’re referring to would be known locally as The Manor Glancy.
Kicked for the county for about 15 years and is rated at 72/100.

On the other hand The Carrick Glancy has made infrequent appearances with the footballers (rated 29/100) but has been a fixture on the hurling team for about 12.years (rating 88/100).

Glencar/Manor and St. Mary’s are the respective clubs.

1 Like

I had some dealings with The Manor Glancy when he was in Dublin. A gent and good craic too

Glancy Carrick as opposed to The Carrick Glancy

1 Like

I wouldn’t be hugely familiar with bars in Ballinamore but I know Priors and it’s a grand spot.

There are no pubs in Ballymun mate

An absolutely top bloke. As was his father before him. Actually I’d still refer to it as Tom Prior’s. Gay would be about 66/67 so he’s well entitled to put the feet up.

2 Likes

Con Conlon, a brother of forum favourite Tommy and half-assed footballer from another era Willie, has disposed of his hi-tech company Merit for a 25m.Euro.

It fucking beggars belief. Aren’t there tech wizards here?

If Connie Conlon can do it it’s fair to say anyone can.

1 Like