Leitrim Matters, the home of sitka spruce

Was at a funeral in Drumshanbo yesterday.
Leitrim really is a beautiful part of the country.

4 Likes

A few days in Sligo and Leitrim is great .

I’d say so. I’d never spent amy time around that area. I was truly mesmerised by its natural raw beauty. Just as appealing in Winter I’d say. Looking into booking a couple of days around the October bank holiday.
We went to the Loughallen hotel for a meal after the funeral. Unfortunately it closes from October to March. But am determined to get up there for a few days.

You should have called on @anon67715551 he’d have sorted you out

I also had the pleasure of meeting Eurovision royalty but will not be logging it due to the circumstances.
A massive funeral it was.

2 Likes

Rent a cottage Mike, did it last December just outside Drumshambo.

Good idea. It would a lovely way to bring in the new year.

A thoroughly alright sort. Ambassadorial in fact.

Glad you appreciated our humble surroundings.

2 Likes

3 new families have relocated to our environs in the past month bringing 14 sprogs into the wilds.
The youngsters are excelling themselves, trapping crows in laundry baskets* and excelling in the local school.

The parochial elders organised babysitting arrangements tonight to enable the parents attend a “meet and mingle” event in a local hostelry. This noblest of ideas coincided with a local icons Singer of the Month competition where the laurels went to the wife of one of our new arrivals.

Now Jim generally wins this himself, after a few rounds of voting and several efforts, but tonight he was magnamious in defeat, welcoming in his presentation of the mythical award and a fucking hoor of a night ensued.

Rural Ireland is unbowed, unbroken and unbeatable.

• A rural custom well recognised here.
13 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Are they foreigners from Dublin or further afield

The Kurds love an auld sing song alright.

Dublin folk, seemingly good sorts. Two of the older chaps, 14/15 sh have a bit of football about them I’m told.

Fucking idiot.

downloadfile

3 Likes

There’s some sort of a miss in this gobshite. He’s as thick as 4 scaffolding planks. I avoid him at all costs cos he’d drive you mental with scutter.

What part of the world is this lad from @anon67715551?

Annaduff/Drumsna

An ex-teacher from St Mel’s boarding school in Longford.

He was heavily involved in Ken Loach’s film about Jimmy Gralton from a research perspective.

1 Like