Less negative things about the lockdown

What’s she got to do with it?

If you’re referring to my man there it wouldn’t be seen as “an essential requirement”.

His neighbour had a foray into that market and we all know how that ended.

1 Like

Apart from costs there’s always the risk of getting an Isaac winder order against you as well as the other side looking for an undertaking for costs.

Also as an awkward cunt there’s always the likelihood you could get a couple of days in the joy for contempt.

Apart from that it’s all upside :joy:

There’s forestry up the back of our land.

I remember when we were younger, there was an old sweat house (I’m guessing c 18th century cc resident historian @Thomas_Brady ). Even back then (nearly 30 years ago), it was completely overgrown and you’d walk past it without noticing.

I’d forgotten it existed until a few photos landed this evening from the mother. The parents have been walking up there every day since lockdown started. The father decided to see if it could be reclaimed and started chipping away here and there with it

22 Likes

Those stone walls will give the Galway lads a right horn I’d say

1 Like

Is it former estate land?

@mac wouldn’t have room to swing his trunk in it. Lovely stonework though.

2 Likes

The wattle and daub merchants in Clare will be seethimg.

3 Likes

What’s a sweat house lads?

Where they cooked and ate protestants during the famine.

4 Likes

Things I learned today

http://www.irishmegaliths.org.uk/sweathouses.htm

2 Likes

Jaysis, they were Ireland’s answer to opium dens. Not surprised to see the deviant cunts in Leitrim built a load of them. cc @anon67715551

Early saunas. Our ancestors were ahead of the game. Plenty remnants of these still around.

Reading that article It seems the schteam was fairly potent

A visible streak of madness continues to this day in the descendants of these smokers.
Occasionally the odd one excels at thou’ll football. Opposing supporters consider these lads to be thugs or outright dirty. Basically descendants of smokers. Grand if mildly eccentric folk.

1 Like

Great to have a load of weddings called off but be mangled with them next year.

Modern drugs stay in the system for a few weeks. The old ones stayed with you for generations

Could you not say they all double clash as an excuse for them all?

That would be an idea, sound.

You get treated for free in Private hospitals now.