Lessons for life from self appointed self help gurus

Iā€™ve been on a bit of a journey of late. Cutting out booze, getting back in peak physical condition, dealing with work related stress. Iā€™ve been quietly following this thread over the last few weeks and have found inspiration every time Iā€™ve looked in.

Iā€™m heading to NYC next week for a weekend with my pals (and some work) and Iā€™m the best physical shape Iā€™ve been in since I left NYC temporarily three years ago. Iā€™m gonna take the social scene over there by storm. This goes out to everyone who has posted in this thread in a positive manner:

4 Likes

Magnificent stuff, mate.

If I can see further itā€™s because Iā€™m standing on the shoulders of giants like @caoimhaoin, @KinvarasPassion, @Tassotti and @ChocolateMice.

Itā€™s these people whoā€™ve given me the guidance, tools and support to weigh in at under 13 stone.

2 Likes

What a milestone. Have a little celebration mate.

Ah, lovelyā€¦lovely, lovely, lovely.

Thatā€™s superb news. The whole site wins with this!

You can count me out of the ā€˜whole siteā€™ thing.
I donā€™t give two fucks if heā€™s just gone from morbidly obese to seriously overweight.
He shouldnā€™t have let himself go that bad in the first place.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone regards you as part of anything. Please donā€™t respond to or tag me in any more posts. Thanks.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a problem buddy. You just keep out of my way and youā€™ll be ok and safe on here.

Thatā€™s a great one.

Jim Gavin said something very similar to me last week.

If you donā€™t give two fucks, then why are you constantly posting these bullying pops at him? You come on here, lay into people, get called out on it, then tell everyone you donā€™t give two fucks. Why donā€™t you just fuck off and die?
Fair play to you Bandage.

3 Likes

lads like that are savage insecure Fitzy, they are full of anger and fear, its dripping off them

1 Like

Appears so alright. Tassotti mate, if he comes on here again, can you terminate him with extreme prejudice for us please?

Iā€™ll be unstoppable with you in my corner, mate.

3 Likes

Because itā€™s permeating all threads like a Santa ponsa fart permeates every room in the house.
I canā€™t stand that shite talk out of childish cunts going about the place blowing out their holes about a 5k run.
FFS. Itā€™s a run not an Olympic event that needs to be talked about 24/7.
Also butt the fuck out of my face you horrible, horrible cunt.

This is the lessons for life from self help gurus thread, mate. Please be advised that progress with training and running programmes is mainly discussed on the fitness thread. Absolutely no need to clog up this thread with unnecessary mention of it - youā€™re in danger of permeating other threads with talk about my training, you silly billy.

2 Likes

never give up Bandage, have you broke the magical 30 minute barrier for the 5k yet?

2 Likes

ā€œLike self-doubt, fear is an indicator. Fear tells us what we have to do. Remember one rule of thumb: the more scared we are of a work or calling, the more sure we can be that we have to do itā€

Steven Pressfield - The War of Art:

FAO of @Tassotti: I attended a very interesting lecture at The Science Gallery yesterday evening.

Itā€™s definitely worth signing up to their mailing list. I regularly pop into various talks and seminars to hear tips from gurus.

Every little helps to make me become a better (business)man.

3 Likes

So true. Bet thatā€™s the mantra that the crazy dude masturbating on the train lives by.

3 Likes