Let's All Laugh At McIIroy

Perfect place for you so

3 Likes

Iā€™ve no idea pal. The golf enthusiasts said 2013 was his last major win. Iā€™ll take their word on it.

Youā€™d be wrong to. Youā€™re too trusting. Iā€™m no golf enthusiast but can tell you that Rory has won a Major more recently than 2013.

I checked there, 2014.

Iā€™d like to retract my last statement and instead say 8 years of failure.

1 Like

In fairness heā€™s had some great final rounds in the Majors in those eight years.

1 Like

Hes not far away from pulling it all together.

In an interview with RTƉ Sport, McIlroy also said that Sundayā€™s magical round of 64 was like a homage to the late Seve Ballesteros ā€“ golfā€™s greatest escape artist who donned the green jacket in 1980 and 1983.

"I said to Harry [Diamond] on the 18th, I said ā€˜Seve would have been proud of me today.ā€™

1 Like

The next 2 years are crucial

The difference in mindset

9 Likes

The same Seve who won his last major 10 months before Rory was born and had his last European Tour victory when Rory was 6; must have had a huge influence on Rory

We go again. Southern Hills, Oklahoma for the US PGA in 5 weeks time.

Roger Wheeler was murdered by Whitey Bulgers gang in the car park of Southern Hills.

Plus 2 after 4 holes today - back to level par. Day -10 leads. The rain is biblical, water on greens and fairways and Gimp plonks wan into the lake on 4. The face now has a thunderous look that may not be weather related.

1 Like

Charging Alertā€¦ā€¦

4 (four) behind the leader through 6. Buckle in for a rollercoasterā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

Could be an amazing week for Rory with his beloved Alliance Party doing so well in the election as well.

2 Likes

The dream might have died now.

-5 yesterday to leave him on -5 and three shots off the lead in the Memorial Tournament.

The lad has had more pointless charges than don quixote

Only $2M for first prize.
Not worth getting nervous aboutā€¦

Signing in.

2 Likes