Liam McCarthy 2008 - Time to call it

i call it an outdated torunament played for by agricultural inbreds which has no future in a modern urban Ireland

Kilkenny will hammer waterford & the fact that they play 4 games to win an allIreland shows how bad stick stick truly is

[quote=“north county corncrake”]i call it an outdated torunament played for by agricultural inbreds which has no future in a modern urban Ireland

Kilkenny will hammer waterford & the fact that they play 4 games to win an allIreland shows how bad stick stick truly is[/quote]

Are you going on Sunday NCC? Or has your auld lad found someone else to sit beside in the 10-year premium seats? Just got my tickets tonight - should be a belting atmosphere.

he is bringing a cousin from England I think

all week ive been texting dancing baby saying i was going & asking him do the bars open during the game & will the tvs be showing the racing - it irked him
actually went to some of the last few & they wernt great - Limerick brought a big support but the game was over after 10 minutes .as for the football - kerry hammering teams isnt enjoyable

[quote=“north county corncrake”]i call it an outdated torunament played for by agricultural inbreds which has no future in a modern urban Ireland

Kilkenny will hammer waterford & the fact that they play 4 games to win an allIreland shows how bad stick stick truly is[/quote]

Showing your West Brit breeding there NCC…

KK play 4 games to win an all ireland- not ideal by any strecth - even a jacobite like you can agree to that

It is what it is, it’s not ideal, but it’s ours.

Didn’t go to last year’s hurling final because Celtic were playing at St Mirren but felt that Limerick would get destroyed anyway and wasn’t that pushed about it. But really looking forward to Sunday’s game and Kerry/Tyrone too. Was sitting right at the front of the top tier of The Hogan Stand for their final in 2005 and it was such a super vantage point. Usually sit on the lower level for all Wexford games but the front of the top deck was class to see the off the ball movement especially. Waterford have named an unchanged starting XV.

hard to call all logic would say kilkenny but sport doesn’t follow logic…any given day and all that crap…if waterford make a half decent start and are there abouts with kilkenny after 20/25 minutes i can see them win it…but if kilkenny get on top early they will win pulling up…but i think waterford will have an edge fitness wise and they have a half forward line that will win ball and a full forward line that will score…if the full back line hurls as well as it did against tipp then i think they will win…

so i an going for a waterford win…2-15 to 1-16…

goi on davy to fuck…

kilkenny will beat the spread - of that im sure -

waterford dont have enough decent defenders to mark all the KK forwards- even if they are doing well against some they can bring on a sub that is just as good - if they try to protect the full back sheflin will have a field day

another victory for leinster hurling - kilkenny by 8

what do you mean waterford haven’t good defenders that would be a common misconception thought by hurlers on the ditch…stop talking out of your hole ncc…kearney and murphy are as good a set of corner backs around…ken mcgrath is the best centre back in the country and the amount of hurlers that have got change out of tony browne you could count on one hand…any time i have seen kevin moran hurl in the half back line fro WIT or waterford he has looked solid as a rock…declan prender isn’t the greatest full back ever but all he has to do is be solid and horse into anything that comes his way…hennessey has had an excellent year in goals also…

remember 98 and 04 ncc…kilkenny were lucky to beat waterford both them days also…granted kilkenny are possibly better than they were in 04 i think that waterford are definately better than 04…

[quote=“The Puke”]what do you mean waterford haven’t good defenders that would be a common misconception thought by hurlers on the ditch…stop talking out of your hole ncc…kearney and murphy are as good a set of corner backs around…ken mcgrath is the best centre back in the country and the amount of hurlers that have got change out of tony browne you could count on one hand…any time i have seen kevin moran hurl in the half back line fro WIT or waterford he has looked solid as a rock…declan prender isn’t the greatest full back ever but all he has to do is be solid and horse into anything that comes his way…hennessey has had an excellent year in goals also…

remember 98 and 04 ncc…kilkenny were lucky to beat waterford both them days also…granted kilkenny are possibly better than they were in 04 i think that waterford are definately better than 04…[/quote]

we will see- KK have destroyed anyone in front of them n the championship the last two years while waterford struggled past a wexford team that KK hammered - also waterford always seem to be involved in high scoring games suggesting their defense isnt that good

im not a fan of stick stick but repsect coady & KK .Kk by the spread

you do know that waterford did two very heavy training sessions the tuesday and thursday leading into the wexford match thats what lead to their middling to fair performance…and it also gave them the edge fitness wise over tipp…

why would they do that?

anyway - you know more about hurling than me so your opinion holds more stock than mine

waterford trained straight through the weeks leading up to both offaly and wexford matches…it was a calculated risk(which paid off)…normally the week before a big match most county teams would work on flexabilty, hand/ball work, tactics, light work etc…by training hard the week leading up to these games it takes more out of the players and they have less time to recover before the match but the benefits are seem in the long term i.e later on in the season(tipp match and this weekend)…davy is a savage man to get a team fit and switched on for a match and i don’t think waterford will leave anything on the field sunday…having watched countless games if him when he was over the bridge and watching LIT for the last 3 seasons and also having hurled under him i can honestly say that i have never seen a team he was over not show up on the day…

I presumed that was a myth about them training ridiculously hard twice in the week before the Offaly and Wexford games. It was a line spouted by Anthony Daly on The Sunday Game as he was amazed that Leinster teams could actually challenge a Munster side like Waterford.

[quote=“Bandage”]. Was sitting right at the front of the top tier of The Hogan Stand for their final in 2005 and it was such a super vantage point. Usually sit on the lower level for all Wexford games but the front of the top deck was class to see the off the ball movement especially.
[/quote]

Walked up to Croker for the football last sunday and got ticket in the upper davin, like you said great place to see off the ball movement. Id def go back there for football games in future rather than sit in lower tier of cusack/hogan

exactly. Regardless of what they did during that week, a “poor” Wexford side rattled in 3 goals and 15 points. Didnt get near that against KK. Waterfords defence is suspect, and there is no denying that. Tipp were terrible the last day in their tactics. Prednergast at full back wasnt targeted at all, especially when Webster went in, and he was the weak link. I was up at the game, and Murphy was in behind covering Prendergast so many times. He isnt a natural county level full back, and I expect KK to hit them where it hurts and target him unlike Tipp.

You’re funny…

Are you a KK man Gman?

waterdford by 2 or else kk by 8.
tom duggan on todayfm went for a draw this mornin
11-1 on pp…worth a vbet at least