Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

I know nothing about his personal life

Watch it then. Heā€™s not had it easy

1 Like

He was a fucking predator at his peak. Unmarkable. Iā€™ve heard he is one of the most decent men youā€™ll ever meet. Kept his counsel through awful times.
I bet he has a nice manner in the deli queue, which is the main thing round here cc @bandage

3 Likes

Agreed, some of these Dublin footballers could finish their careers with 10 All-Irelandā€™s but there wonā€™t be a frantic rush to listen to them on their future Laochra Gael talking about following the process and how they took it one game at a timeā€¦

6 Likes

A shur look, I suppose.

ā€œWe werenā€™t taking (insert midland shithole county here) for grantedā€ before going on to beat them by 20 points

2 Likes

Smashing article, seems like a dead on lad. Good to see his ambition to add more scoring in the coming year. I thought he had a more mixed season last year than some did but he clearly has massive potential and I think thereā€™s a lot more to come from him.

1 Like

Yawn.

2 Likes

Tankardstown boy. One of our own.

This lad is fairly full of his own shit.

8 Likes

My thought also.

Mentality is everything between winning and losing at least this Limerick team has shed the woe is me shit we had for decades.

3 Likes

Well I reckon that settles that one

1 Like

Ooooooffffffttt!!!

1 Like

Flanagan is a stylish player, heā€™s a lovely striker of the ball. Iā€™d say he must be one of our most accurate shooters, I can only think of two missed points in last yearā€™s Championship.

You would like him to be a bit more direct sometimes. As a full-forward, he comes out in a big loop before he heads for goal. And while that creates chances when he offloads and also gives him good opportunities to take a point, when he plays more direct, there are goals to be got.

A serious hurler though, the performance against Cork was sensational and he had a brilliant final.

Fully agree with that, thatā€™s something to work on in his game, when he gets the ball heā€™s often running away from goal (see the point he got in the All Ireland final). When Gillane gets it heā€™s nearly turned before heā€™s landed and is always going direct to goal

Did he not mishit quite a few scoring chances in the league?

Gillane turns so fast he canā€™t bring the Hurley with him

Iā€™d rather he caught the ball more too, rather than trying to control it instantly on the hurley.

Iā€™m not too sure about the directness. I love the way he takes opposition full back for a trip to the wings every minute. Tears the heart out of the opposition defence. Iā€™d rather he kept that up and left Gillane inside to be direct.

2 Likes

He did. He needs to work on his touch. Plus he needs to get a little more selfish.