Limerick GAA. Don't be sad. Another 45 won't be so bad. Limited heartbreak

Cian Lynch broke Burkeā€™s Hurley at the throw in pretty sure he did the same in the semi against Cork

1 Like

I canā€™t remember that . I have a vague re collection now you say it .

Flopping in two AI finals with the most talented team we had for decades?

It was not that talented a team at all. We had one decent forward and thatā€™s what ultimately cost limerick. He spent years coaching kids around the county. Even used to call to schools during lunch breaks. As I said heā€™s done a lot for limerick but Iā€™d take little notice of what he writes. He also actually won an all ireland on the field of play which not many people do.

2 Likes

And to say they flopped is sensationalist rubbish. They played well against offaly but lacked the forwards with a bit of class to finish the job when the tied turned. Limerick were all over the shop v Galway this year. We just had that little bit of class up for a change to see us through.

1 Like

Iā€™ll never forgive him for not playing Galligan on 96 after the sending off.

Heā€™s also right about the standard of hurling. It wasnā€™t a classic season last year imo. A lot of the skills of the game are going more and more out of the game too. The ball is far too light nowadays imo. Itā€™s nearly like basket ball in some ways.

1 Like

correct, it was not that talented a team, he got great days and wins outta them, just came up short on all Ireland final days. as you say talent wasnā€™t huge in attack

2 Likes

Yup he done his best for limerick. He stirs the pot to keep himself relevant which I donā€™t like but such is Iife.

His reference to sixmilebridge sweeping brushes made me laugh.

Reporting live from Ruislip

2 Likes

Any London team for us London backers?

:hushed: :hushed:

0-5 each at half time in a bitterly cold Ruislip. Limerick a very strong wind for the second half.

Great weekend

Is that the runt up front?

Were they fighting at millwall ?

You missed the in-joke. He is 6-4 or 6-5 with shoulders to match

1 Like

Limerick lead 0-8 to 0-5

1 Like