Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

Limericks physicality won it for them. Horsed Kilkenny out of it.

1 Like

Agreed, people saying Limerick are peaking too early is rubbish, I thought we were hit and miss today and at times looked a bit off it

Limerick hurled for maybe 25 minutes today.
They were like a team that has fuck all stick work done. Mulcahy, DOD were particularly noticeable regarding their touch today. Hayes has fitness issues as well. Nowhere near peaking

They appear to be at peak physicality though, I thought they played poorly today but hounded like dogs for the 70,

Dowling is a joy up watch, such a shame he doesn’t fit for Kiely

Wouldn’t disagree there. Hayes needs to get up to speed re fitness. Hurling was not the best today but the sheer brutishness of the challenges was just too much for Kilkenny.

Aye. Fagan called this

His score from another parish was unreal.

Just back from Nowlan Park.

We really are a decent outfit these days. A really well coached side. God we with the days our puck out strategy was to blaze it as far as you can with snow on it.

It’s a strange one really - walked out of Kilkenny after winning by 9 points but wasn’t any real euphoria over it. A job well done even though I didn’t think we played all that well for the most part of it.

I think the most important player in our set up is Sean Finn. He exudes authority and calmness. What a player. All the full backline were exceptional today, Condon rolling back the years.

Kilkenny were pretty poor in all honesty. Just lumping it forward was all they had in the second half.

Can rotate again next week. Terrific competition for places. Robbie Hanley did well. What summed up this team was Barry Murphy’s score in the second half. Chases back, gets the hook in, wins it and sticks it over from out by the sideline. Even the last play of the game - four of our lads like ravenous dogs as they hounded the man in possession.

Bumped into @iron_mike briefly after the match. He was absolutely buzzing. Like the cat that got the cream - dreadful pun intended.

We go again next week.

15 Likes

Sean Finn and Richie English have a great cut about them first and foremost, but both lads read the game so well, they very rarely give their opponents a chance.

We’re in a great position to have both of them for the munster championship. Both fellas would walk on to any other team.

You saw in Ennis what happened when Finn went off early. He offers so much composure. Invariably does the right thing.

At the moment you’ve four players going for the three full back line positions. Definitely miss Richie McCarthy as another option. After that you are down to the rookies like WOM, Costello, Connolly etc.

2 Likes

Limerick just hammered Kilkenny, in Kilkenny, whilst being without (by last year’s team) their first choice full back, first choice full forward, both first choice wing forwards, their captain and the reigning hurler of the year.

6 Likes

Limerick are the new Kilkenny, they will dominate hurling for the next decade.

1 Like

Richie will be driven on by Tom’s heroics today. Can see that man making the 26 in May.

5 Likes

Any news why Cian Lynch missed out.

Ah stop, would not have made a blind bit of difference.

Said a few weeks back we’d definitely need a few new faces to maintain ourselves as challengers, great to see lads like O’Loughlin and Boylan coming in and grabbing the chances that come their way. Competition is serious all over the pitch. Condon is a lad in no mood to hand back his jersey to Casey when he’s back to full fitness.

1 Like

I thought Condon would retire after the AI I think we are glad he didn’t now

Is condon fitter now then before winning the all ireland? That probably sums up the mentality of the squad best. A fella who had his moment of glory - coming out with ball as the whistle blows to win an ireland. Aged 31 and not a starter comes back for more.

2 Likes

You’d want to kill him to stop him. He was one of our shining lights for years, he’d be mad to go now when things are so good

1 Like