Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

What do you do when mike Casey comes back? Finn imo has been our best player in the opening three league games.

1 Like

Its going to be some ball ache for kiely all year

He’ll sit on the bench like everyone else waiting for his chance.

2 Likes

Condon looked pure thrilled with his man of the match award anyway, big smiley head on him in the interview :rofl:

His answer to the question “Are things almost going too well John?” :laughing:

Some serious choons out of the Limerick dressing room too!

2 Likes

Your man on the PA yesterday seemed to be he’ll bent on reminding everyone that we were the All Ireland champions before the match started.

1 Like

I heard it, I kinda took that as a pat on the head.

Would they have done it for Tipperary or Cork?

To be fair that could have been the same in all the other grounds we’ve went to except you wouldn’t hear a thing.

On that note I’d like to commend Kilkenny GAA on their extremely clear PA system and coherent PA system operator.

The PA system in the Gaelic Grounds is very bad so it is

:wave:

People think we’ll see many more newcomers next week?

Obviously no Gillane and O’Loughlin, Flanagan and Hannon may return.

We’ve now seen Condon, O’Loughlin, Malachy, Hanley, Boylan, Dowling, Dempsey, Murphy, Downes, Casey get starts from outside the AI Final 15. Pat Ryan is the other player to get decent gametime.

No sign at all of Power, Connolly, Lyons, La Touche, Nash, BOC, O’Reilly. I thought we might see more of O’Reilly this year.

And obviously Casey, WOD, McCarthy, Browne, Reidy all injured but you’d imagine all will make the Championship panel. Love to see WOD in particular back before the end of the league.

adrian breen is on the panel as well.

I actually forgot that!

you seem to have left off Willie O’Meara, Costello and Mikey O’Brien as well.

Nah I remembered them, they have been on the bench at least even without gametime. All covering back positions and not likely to be used as subs except in case of injury.

Those other fellas haven’t even been on the bench yet. Chance next week with the two boys gone.

Kiely reiterated his stance on that in the post match interview yesterday. Jersey’s will not be just handed out.

I’d imagine O’Loughlin, Dowling and Boylan will all get another nod anyways if available, Barry Murphy potentially too. I feel like Downes may get another roll of the dice as well as he has been consistently on the panel since the semi last year. How long is Reidy out for?

Is it cork next? I wouldn’t show a hand in this. Our opening game against them will define our season. Finn at 3 sorts out one bit problem - he wont be exposed by pace. The second one cork have the players to exploit is lack of pace in the half back line. Real pity wod is missing as i think he could have solved this problem.

Hennessy needs to get a game too .

I’d go like this for Cork :

Hennessy
Condon
Finn
O’Meara
O’Brien
Hannon
D Morrissey
Malachy
Hanley
Hayes
Dowling
Boylan
Casey
Nash
Simon

Subs : Quaid, English, Byrnes, Costello, Lyons, Lynch, T Morrissey, O’Connell, O’Reilly, Flanagan, Murphy.