Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

Great team, but their manager clearly doesn’t trust his squad. He sent two obviously unfit players out to start an All-Ireland final. By the time the tone of the game was set they were chasing shadows.

I wouldn’t scoff at them at all. They are making semi finals every year with relatively limited resources. It’s not long since we couldn’t make a semi final and we were lucky to get by them last year in the semi.

2 Likes

Agree

No excuse mistake he made,unfit player should be in the stand

Who? Cork?

They have the greatest resources of any hurling team in Ireland.

2 Likes

He’s another lovely hurler alright.

They’ve lovely hurlers coming out their ears. Cadogan, Meade, Kearney

They haven’t enough dog in them. Too nice.

In fairness they were key players. Most managers would send out their key men at 80% for a final.

1 Like

Do in me balls

Too much of a gamble,they died

No more Mr nice guys

Ok maybe resources is the wrong word, talent in their squad then.

that’s why Cork aren’t at the top table and won’t be for at least another 5 years. It’s only now they are winning under age again…

Sure we’re Cork biy, we don’t need an academy at all.

Sure hurlers are planted and grown down here, biiiy

Those days are well gone

you just said it a few posts up about tradition you langer

That’s the way it used be true,but a lot of competition ref soccer, rugby, basketball etc etc

They’re very thin in defence. Maybe they can unearth some new talent but I feel they’ll come up short of the big one. At the moment I’d fancy us any time we take the field against them.

Bar the mid-90’s that’s probably the only time in my life I’ve said that.

1 Like

Tradition dickhead got Cork past the post umpteen time’s, especially over Limerick,ye were scared ,beaten for decades before a ball was pucked,same as cork footballers v Kerry etc

Winning an all ireland without underage success is very difficult. This cork team were constantly beaten at underage between minor and 21s. Very difficult to make the break through. They’ve a lot of talent but tend to collapse on the big day.

2 Likes

Only one team can be at the top table. Cork drew with the eventual champions in normal time in the semi final, they’re not far off at all.

By the way I confidently predicted a few years ago that limerick would win an AI before cork. MBB helpfully bookmarked it and himself and kev brought it up regularly. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Tradition???
13 years and counting without an All Ireland hurling title of any description, that’s some tradition you’re trying to paste, a 13 year tradition of shitting the togs once ye pass the Red Cow Hotel.

1 Like