Limerick GAA 2019, the drive for five

Dunno bud,Meyers better than Kingston,so if he doesn’t produce this year he’s away

Good points

What’s wrong with that? Are you saying a better manager than meyler would have gotten the same panel to a final?

It was a shot at goal . It was a mistake but did not cost cork the game ( granted didn’t help ) . A lot more problems there .

The current cork team could stop that shooting and may never win an AI .

True

Brave? Getting the most out of themselves? FFS. This isn’t a county punching above its weight like Carlow.

They’ve 200 clubs to pick from, the biggest county with the most hurlers to choose from, probably the wealthiest CB in the country, have consistently proved they can do it in Munster but always falter at Croke Park when it’s crunch time. Why is that…?

It was a terrific flick by Quaid but a player always has to score a one on one. Always. Peter Casey buries that at the other end.

1 Like

Quite possibly yes.
In the same way that if TJ still had the Limerick gig, we’d still be watching the 73 final

So you think cork have a better set of players than limerick? If you think cork have superior players to limerick but conspired to lose because of weak mentality, then yes, they bottled it.

I think that’s bullshit.

2 Likes

“ wealthiest county board “

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Jesus dodgy that was some Christmas party you had .

1 Like

Ahem,don’t always falter at croker,what is it 28 all Ireland’s

Yes

Good as the Quaid flick was, there was no guarantee of a goal had he not made it. Limerick had three players other than Quaid between the ball and the goal and Seamus Harnedy was losing his balance as he struck it.

1 Like

Exactly I think there were four defenders back .

I’m saying they were six points up with less than ten mins on the clock, had all the momentum but were then were lucky to cling on to a draw in normal time, despite not conceding, say, a freak goal or two.

It was a colossal collapse. Same as the year before.

They are a fantastic team in full flow but they get offered so many excuses for never sealing the deal in big games.

They’re coming though, within 3 years

They are absolutely minted, pal.

Doubt the stadium debt will be all that burdensome either as Croke Park, other clubs and counties and concerts will pick up the tab for that overspend.

I 100% believe Limerick beat them because Limerick are a better side. However, just purely from a Cork perspective, you’d have to start questioning the mentality a little bit when for 2 years in a row they’ve come undone at the semi stage when seemingly in control of the game and as I said above if it was the other way around people would be quick to label Waterford and Limerick bottlers. But Cork get the brave/tired/stuck for panel depth/diarrhea in the camp/Nash had a toothache/Cyril the sombrero guy couldn’t be there that day etc etc type of treatment from wider public and media.

1 Like

Have to wait and see

Tut tut,a tad insecure, ref Cork buddy? Chill

Sorry mate, I just hate all our neighbours equally and am hugely enjoying seeing ye down. Don’t worry though, I hate all the other bastards equally so it’s nothing personal :+1: