Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Aidan Oā€™Connor is beating them on his own.

Some half.

Putting serious pressure on Cork when they go long; half-back line strong under a high ball and Quilty & Sweeney very good on the breaks. Scully is a serious bit of stuff. And Coughlan has three points from play from distance, Byrnes-esque.

Really like Stokes at HF too, heā€™s a serious workhorse. Aido & Adam showing a bit of class when they do get it, Adam probably could be more involved, still would like to see him inside at FF, because heā€™d get goals.

Donnachaā€™s movement is causing them serious problems and heā€™s getting on loads of ball even if he isnā€™t going to rack up massive tallies himself, heā€™s set up loads. SOB & Kirby having slightly quieter games.

Really impressive. Chanleyā€™s puckouts too are very good. Lovely trajectory on the strike.

2 Likes

Brilliant response to the Cork goal. SOB wins the puckout, Sweeney straight over the bar. Had two players free coming through the middle.

Aidan Oā€™Connor is thriving on the 40.

Lads we should be at least 10 points ahead given how dominant we have been.

Badly needed goal just as Cork threatened a comeback.

Cork coming back into it and we get the goal, Donnacha tapping home after Stokes hits the post.

1 Like

Walked all over the cunts.

6 Likes

Got a lot tighter than it needed be I thought.

1-25 to 1-19. FT.

Never panicked when Cork reduced the gap on a few occasions. Home semi final v Waterford now I think.

Outside of the senior lads thereā€™s a few lovely prospects on that team. Quilty is a real leader, a great bit of stuff. The NCW man is solid out too.

Aidan Oā€™Connor isnā€™t far off a senior call up either.

This seniors rule could wreck us though if Coughlan and/or English get burnt.

Impressive win. Both sides through, but itā€™s nice to have a home semi-final.

Let them back into it a bit but drove on again each time.

Quilty is some yoke, wins some amount of dirty ball. Aido was hugely dangerous in the first half, Shane Oā€™Brien was the dominant one in the second half. John Kirby made a big impact when he came on. POD didnā€™t do a whole pile when he came on but great to have him back.

Donnacha got his goal which was a reward for all his work. Eddie Stokes ran himself into the ground too.

1 Like

Going to pass Coughlan out in the pecking order in the next 12 months, heā€™s a great bit of stuff

2 Likes

Coughlan is very mechanical looking

I would say corner-back or midfield, he could do a job in either.

If itā€™s midfield, heā€™ll probably be on the senior panel for 18 months before he makes a 26 because you need serious physicality to play that these days. But we have a fair bit of cover in the FB line.

Is he after getting a lot bigger recently too? He looked faster or rangier before I thought but perhaps I was wrong.

Iā€™m far from an expert but Iā€™d say he could stand to lose a little bit of upper body muscle.

Heā€™s a monster; heā€™s never been quick on the turn but any advantage he can get in that regard will help.

In fairness, 4 great scores tonight from him even if there were a few mistakes too.

If i was over him Iā€™d be sending him to a running coach for the next 6 months. Stay away from the gym for a while

Iā€™d say ye must be sick of doing it but, well, who would ever?

Tis well I remember TomĆ”s Mulcahy and his elbows above on the table beside Lyster and he smirking away at me through the television set of a Sunday night. So fuck them. Weā€™re here now.

Open wide.

12 Likes

Again

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 2).