Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Tipp changed the man on English thinking he was doing too much and it lost them the game

We win by three!!

3 Likes

Yurt!!!

4 Likes

Great win, got the breaks and made the most of them

Savage game.

So much winning :ronnyroar:

1 Like

Is there any room left in the boot of the car?

Another one for Donal Ogā€™s excel table

4 Likes

Serious win! Showed the right stuff when Tipp were on top and had momentum; youā€™d have to credit English for having the balls to go for goal when 2 down.

Certainly the better team in extra-time; Tipp lost a few to injury which was probably crucial.

English was phenomenal in the first half of extra-time again.

5 Likes

Another trophy for the oul cabinet.

13 Likes

Dowling was a joy to listen to on the radio. Great win and great to see that some of these players will be filtering into the senior team in the next 4/5 years

1 Like

I never new Adam English is a grandson of Eamon grimes.

2 Likes

Shane McGrath wasnā€™t fist pumping at the end.

What a win, super display to get back into it at the end of normal time. Brilliantly worked goal from that man English to create the opening.

Massive credit to the full backline in particular. All three of them outstanding, especially Joe Fitz.

2013, 2019 and 2020 weā€™ve done the Munster senior and minor double. By God.

9 Likes

That was a great match. English different gravy. Think himself and Stakelton (spelling) will meet each other many many times in the future, thought both were brilliant for respective teams

Stakelum

Goalkeeper looks very solid. Made a good save from the 20m free which was well-disguised and just looked generally safe.

A serious, serious full-back line. Is Sean Finnā€™s actual brother on that panel? Because Joe Fitz looks like a carbon copy too; is he 16 or 17? Some big interventions from Lyons aswell; again a proper back. The Tipp inside forwards were really dangerous, especially that Fogarty fella but they coped well. Harrington aswell has another year on the age.

Thought the half-backs struggled a little bit in the second half but battled gamely all the same. Hurley reads the game really well.

Barry Duff seemed to come into it more when he dropped back the field; I thought John Kirby was really good. A classy player.

Forwards rotated a lot, some really good players. Luke Oā€™Connor is really measured, decent use of the ball; the likes of Lynch, Oā€™Brien and Oā€™Donovan all work really hard and are direct. We opened them up a few times through hard running and probably could have had more goals. Oā€™Donovan did brilliantly to finish his; Oā€™Brien really should have scored 1 but had the beating of his man inside and caught some unreal ball. Think he hit 4 from play. He has another year aswell, heā€™s going to be some hurler.

And then you have Adam English who is on a different level altogether. I thought he was right up there with CON last year in some aspects of his game and heā€™s just got better and better. He lit up the Limerick U-21 Championship this year, I didnā€™t see much of the minors but I can only imagine the damage heā€™s doing at club minor level. Work rate, turnovers, aerial ability, direct running and unbelievable wrists. Seems to have all the raw ingredients.

17 Likes

Thomas Lynch is underage again next year and will probably be starting in either the half or full forward line next year. He started in the half forward line for the Doon minor hurlers this year and has played in the forwards for Limerick at underage level up until this year. Patrick Finn, younger brother of Sean replaced Billy Molyneaux in the 2nd half of extra time. To defeat both Cork and Tipperary to win a Munster championship is some achievement and made all the more impressive by the fact they were without Dylan Lynch, one of their best hurlers through injury. John Kirby had a good game at midfield but I think heā€™s a natural corner forward as he proved for Patrickswell this year at U21 level.

2 Likes

There were a couple of sensational hooks and blocks to deny Tipp goals at crucial times.

Tipp lost a couple of big players through injury, at in opportune times. That number 2 especially.

Oā€™Brien really dug in when the going got tough, was shunted out wing forward and worked like an absolute dog. Won every type of ball going. A good paw on him. Kirby put in a serious shift too, super effort.

Lynch immaculate on the frees, I donā€™t think he missed one?

After Limerick went four up in the second half Tipp hit six on the trot, and it was looking hairy enough, but they showed some character in refusing to wilt. Some of those scores in extra time were sensational, considering the tired bodies and minds.

2 Likes

O brien will win a lot senior county medals for the balbec. Heā€™s as good a young player to come through the county in a long time @Perez2017

1 Like

@Perez2017 can head over the road to Kilmallock and get a look at the Munster senior and minor trophies now.

The Effin boys will have them too, might be closer to him.

7 Likes