Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

An even better third quarter from C/K. Gary Murphy made a great save to prevent a goal which would have absolutely killed the game early on, and Declan Mullane missed another just there.

But Hickey has just made it 0-18 to 0-8, looks like itā€™ll be a first ever county title for the Westies. A really superb county final display.

1 Like

Goal for Croagh, Declan Mullane fires home a rebound as Murphy saved from Lenihan.

Three mins left.

Theyā€™re going to do it. History beckons.

2 Likes

A second goal for Mullane. Turned over the goalkeeper and prodded home.

Phenomenal display from Croagh. Delighted for them.

2 Likes

Paul Oā€™Brien drew two absolutely filthy strokes in the space of 60 seconds. Stapleton ignored the first but had to send him off for the second.

All over. 2-22 to 0-8. Well-earned

2 Likes

Incredible scenes there. Superb display from start to finish by C/K. Theyā€™ll be dancing at Nevilleā€™s Cross tonight.

Delighted for my mate @Gary_Birtles_Lovechi who soldiered on following them through many, many bad days. Heā€™ll have to be surgically removed from The Croagh Tavern in the next few weeks.

I only wish my late Grandfather was still alive to see this. A staunch Kilfinny man, he got me into hurling from when I was knee high to a grass hopper. Heā€™s buzzing up there tonight, no doubt.

Roll on the 2021 championship draws next weekā€¦

22 Likes

@Thomas_Brady . Iā€™ve been offered a 75% profit on my stake re Sham Flan HOTY. I need your guidance. TIA

Wouldnā€™t you better off asking someone that knows about hurling?

1 Like

Camp must be flying, full of confidence, Hegarty just said they were fouling too much now. Line drawn under it.

Any word on how tickets will be distributed for the cork game? How many spectators will be allowed in during the test event?

2.5k. Distribution? Iā€™ve no idea

1 Like
1 Like

Families and alickadoos youā€™d imagine

1 Like

Hearing most going to players.

Iā€™d say clubs will want nothing to do with it anyway. A lotto for all members of the club limerick draw, or last yearā€™s season ticket holders or something is the only fair way

3 Likes

500 tickets to be left for the clubs after players, management and officers get looked after, is what I was told last night.

Good luck with that.

1 Like

500? Jesus thatā€™s embarrassing should be 5k

Put the the tickets in a drum. Wait for the windiest day of the year. Spin the open drum at let people crawl around Brian Geary Motorsā€™ forecourt to try to grab one.

13 Likes

Itā€™ll be all about who you know anyway.

As it should be

3 Likes