Limerick GAA 2022 - Dual Kings (Part 1)

Did he score

Maybe got 1.

4-29 to 0-11, good performance for a first outing. Tougher test next week where we will be put under more pressure but you’d have to be impressed with pretty much every performance. Players slotted into the setup nicely, did their jobs and that’s all you can ask for really.

David Reidy was MotM for me, a superb display. Richie English huge at the back. CON did his job very well, got on a huge amount of ball and picked off scores from out the field. Simon the main dangerman inside, did he hit 2-4 from play in the end? Can’t complain about that.

And that little cameo of brilliance from Adam English, showing what he’s all about. POD looking lively in a few balls too.

1 Like

That’s disappointing, a turkey shoot and you only get a point.

I’m really excited to see how Paddy O’Donovan does for the seniors and 20s this year. He reminds me so much of Peter Casey the way he drops the shoulder, with the low centre of gravity, can shoot off either side and lays off a lot of ball. Assisted for 1-1 today and was fouled for another free.

6 Likes

He’s a little wizard and is going to benefit from being shielded from the attention that CON, Colin Coughlan and Adam English will be getting. All the while Paddy is developing into a really promising prospect.

3 Likes

Frightening

It’s a good thing for the other counties that we’re not allowed enter a second team into the League and Championship

Limerick Reserves would beat the shit out of the majority of them

9 Likes

CON English POD all super prospects and will be gradually blended in CON a bit ahead of the other 2 obviously with a year under his belt exciting times in the old days they would be expected to be instant messiahs

2 Likes

Just back from a sold out TUSGG.

Great to be back. It’s only January, it’s only Kerry etc etc but nice to dust off the cobwebs. Throw in was delayed a few mins due to the capacity crowd queuing outside. The back to back champions are Box Office.

When we eventually got under way it was pretty much one way traffic. The redoubtable Pat Simon was lively, throwing over a couple of beauties off his right and finishing a decent team move to the net.

Hadn’t really expected a whole pile beforehand, with such an experimental team and many new combinations but there was plenty to be positive about. Good use of possession, a few fine moves and loads of scores. Kerry were extremely disappointing though, offering little resistance. Maybe too much was made of last week, then again everyone beats Tipperary nowadays.

CON grabbed a few nice points, his decision making was better too as he often looked for the man in a better possession rather than going for the wonder score. He’s a quality player and he should get chances in the league. It helps he’s coming into a settled set-up, in years gone by he’d have been expected to carry the forward line on his own.

Brian O’Grady was always a strong lad but he looked physically able for intercounty today. He had a fine game and I hope he gets the nod again next week. Those two quick fire points within seconds of each other in the second half were class.

Great to see Adam English and POD make their debut also. And more importantly both did well, English scoring a goal after one of those trademark electrifying runs. His acceleration over the first 10 yards is unreal.

When he was warming up beside WOD in the first half, POD was like Danny DeVito to WOD’s Arnie but he’s a classy little player. The u-20’s possibly would have won last years Munster Final if he had played.

Of the “old” stagers, Reidy and Richie English were best. English looked in fine fettle and a lad desperate to nail down a slot. He’ll take shifting from that full back line.

Above all the attitude was the most pleasing thing today. They’d every excuse to go through the motions but the effort was there, execution was off at times but overall a decent afternoon. Can only beat what’s in front of you.

Wexford away in three weeks, good to get another game in next week. This pandemic might be almost done but this team are going nowhere. Hopefully we’ll be inflicting more pain on teams before the year is out.

26 Likes

It’s good to be back.

I was home hours ago but just threw it in for old times’ sake.

2 Likes

Did they clap us out?

3 trips to Ennis for Limerick this year. It will be interesting to see how both teams line out on Sunday even though it’s only January. Hopefully Kiely from a Limerick POV keeps at least 10 of the team from yesterday to give them a better test. Maybe have 1 of the 1st team in each line to help out the newer players

1 Like

We used to be arsing around, fighting over a starting 15. Those days are gone. Now, it’s all about Squad Depth… Just look at this, LOOK. AT. THIS!

Goalies
Nicky Quaid
Barry Hennessy
David McCarthy

Full Back Line
SeĂĄn Finn
Jerome Boylan
Dan Morrissey
Mike Casey
Richie English
Barry Nash
Aaron Costello

Half Back Line
Diarmaid Byrnes
Colin Coughlan
Declan Hannon
Ronan Connolly
Kyle Hayes
Paddy O’Loughlin
Mark Quinlan

Midfield
Will O’Donaghue
Darragh O’Donovan
Robbie Hanley
Brian O’Grady
Rory Duff

Half Forward Line
GearĂłid Hegarty
Cian Lynch
Tom Morrissey
David Reidy
Cathal O’Neill
Conor Boylan
Adam English
Mike Houlihan

Inside Forward Line
Aaron Gillane
Seamie Flanagan
Graeme Mulcahy
Pat Ryan
Paddy O’Donovan
Darren O’Connell
Oisín O’Reilly

Peter Casey & Barry Murphy to come back in after injury

:laughing:

14 Likes

7 Kilmalock beat out the gate by Ballygunner. Not that strong.

Considering what kilmallock did to midleton, I wouldn’t get too excited if I were you

1 Like

Midleton are not standard bearers. Ballygunner are and it was men against boys.

How many Waterford players/ panelists on the ballyG team?

Ah no in fairness, Ballygunner were way superior to kilmallock. On a wider note though, I don’t think you can compare inter County to club . Two completely different animals. In some ways club is actually more enjoyable.

1 Like