Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

They didn’t, it was 2014

Sorry. I stand corrected but it was within the decade.

1 Like

I think it’s hard to compete in Munster unless you’ve won a few counties. After making a breakthrough teams are usually happy with their lot.

The likes of Ballygunnar are aiming their year at the all Ireland.

1 Like

If they fail to once again get over the line there’ll be massive blowback. For all their Munster success to have a singular AI where they realistically committed daylight robbery isn’t great. Lovely side to watch with an attractive style but not enough to show in national level. Last year I felt was the biggest regret they must have, with Ballyhale not making it from Kilkenny. That loss in the semi final the same day as Argentina/France was also a killer for them. Not to mention that encounter against fucking BorrisIleigh of all clubs.

Nobody gives a shit about provincial or All-Ireland club championships. Winning a county final is where it’s at. Nothing matters after.

1 Like

It does to the super clubs. These are the clubs no one outside themselves gives a solid fuck about and in general despise. Few are ever happy to see them win an All Ireland.

Ballygunner and Ballyhale shamrock shakes.

Is it time to promote two to the top division?

From Senior B to Senior A?

I’d say we’re still a couple of years off that working.

There is talk that they are just going to revert to the old system from 2025 (I think the current format has run its proposed term?) but I’d say 2027 and it’d be a lot more competitive.

1 Like

Somebody involved in NaP seniors told me it’s the best team they’ve ever had in the club
Can they make it back to the promised land, surely the local championship is no joy for them at this stage

Its doons year.

Honestly from a Limerick point of view a long run into the all ireland club wouldn’t help

And if Doon do win it, they’ll go on the piss for the rest of the year anyway and won’t give a fuck about Munster or the AI

2 Likes

They’ll be throw out of munster for the size of the party theyll have. Viral videos of tipp jerseys being burnt will be flying around more than the videos of fifi

5 Likes

When you’ve escaped the bear pit of the Limerick championship you’ve no more to give mentally or physically.

1 Like

They’ll even take the big screens out of charleville for the street party

1 Like

I’d love to see them get over the line.

Great club.

Would be fantastic. Of the big 4 they have never won it.

1 Like

They’re not really big until they do

I fancied Kilmallock from the outset. I’d genuinely like to see them do it though. Injuries have cleared up for them. They’ll take bating. Adam English is only getting better too. Great young lad.

Hope you’re right but I don’t think we have enough strength in depth.,

1 Like