Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

That is the right level for HH

Who the fuck are you?

1 Like

What’s the assessment of Dictionary Derek’s job with Doon? Does it depend on the next day?

It depends on the next day.

Be good to see them win it out to be fair though I do think Na Piarsaigh will get the job done.

Think I’ve 5 right so far with 3 still live.

If Doon win it will be akin to the time the Jewish lad went to a wedding in Cana and did the water into wine trick.

2 Likes

The West is awake.

There’s every chance you could have the same amount of senior west teams as senior south and east teams next year.

If he wins it, he deserves plaudits (obviously).

I do think they have the best panel but to actually get them over the line for the first time, that takes doing.

If they end up losing in some Mayo-esque manner, he’ll have to take some level of criticism. Getting to a final alone isn’t enough for “job well done” as they’ve done that before, the Well were definitely gone back this year too. And NaP are 100% there for the taking with the injuries they have/had.

1 Like

Doon 8/13 to lift the cup
NaP 1/1

No 60 mins odds available yet but would probably translate to something like Doon being 8/11 and NaP being 11/8

Interesting that Doon are odds-on favourites. Granted they have been the form team of the championship, but Na Piarsaigh’s record in finals is outstanding. Doon don’t have a great recent record against them either.

If any team can find a way to butcher it, Doon will. They should have multiple county titles but the square inch of real estate between their ears has seen them remain without a Daly Cup.

They should win. Every player has worn the green & white at some level, they’ve been hurling well and Na Piarsaigh aren’t at their previous levels of dominance. However, Na P in the TUSGG are a different animal and it hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for Doon whenever they’ve faced them in there.

Pound for pound, this season, they’ve been better than Na Piarsaigh but this is Doon at the end of the day. Anything could happen.

1 Like

Doon beat them already this year and it was penalties in last years semi final.

Doon stronger this year and nap definitely weaker l. Heard almost zero chance Casey plays and he’s only hoping for a run in the Munster club and even at that he still has a few things to sort with ankle and may have to take another two month break at some point.

I’d say plenty like @peddlerscross took a price about doon so it is probably short but a little bit of book balancing going on too.

Doon have been playing some marvellous hurling.beating na piarsaigh in their own back yard will be difficult…doon only beat na piarsaigh by 1 point in the group stage and i expect another close game.

I would love to see Doon finally win it.they have wonderful hurlers and i expect 1 or 2 more should get a call up to limerick seniors.

I would say this is the first year that Doon are possibly stronger on paper than NAP.

The rise in English and abscence of Casey has swung things.

They should have beat them last year but conspired to lose it in normal time extra time and on penalties.
That is definitely their danger.

They’d no Richie English last and nap had Peter Casey, Dempsey and breen.

That’s a fair swing in their favour.

How many county finals have doon lost that they really should have won? I’m not sure maybe it’s under performance but a little like Ireland rugby world 1/4 finals I’m not so sure it has much relevance on Sunday.

1 Like

I don’t think they have had the best team in any of them but they have majorly flopped at the same time.

Na Piarsaigh may have been better in 2020 but they weren’t 27 points better. Nobody should be beaten by that amount in a county final.

Same in 2018, they lost by 9 and just didn’t perform on the day.

If they perform, they have a great chance.

They were down Chris Thomas, Mikey O’Brien & Richie English (as well as Josh Ryan & Dean Coleman who they haven’t got back) last year and particularly Thomas & English are flying this year.

1 Like

I’d be confident they’ll perform like they did last year anyway.

Is Derek done this year regardless? He’d hardly double job.

Dont think he has any other coaching/managerial responsibilities aside from DLS school?

Derek is to Doon what Malachy O’Rourke has been to Maghera - I can see him taking them all the way to Croke Park, perhaps not this year but in Year 2 or Year 3.

He just gets them.

Is he not going back to Waterford?

That’s Peter Queally.