Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here (Part 4)

A quite obscure memory I have of him earlier in his career was the way he set up Hannonā€™s winning goal in the u21 final vs Cork in 2011. That was his skills on show at their very best. He had a stormer that day.

1 Like

Came out to midfield and walked all over the cunts

1 Like

Scored two goals himself (and missed an open goal somehow).

And had actually been substituted before full time as his shoulder was gone. Re-emerged for ET and set up the goal for Hannon.

1 Like

He isnā€™t finished yet.

Ah heā€™ll hardly do anymore in 2018 at this stage

1 Like

Another abiding memory of Mulā€™s career was the time in TUSGG in 2019 when he left Paudie Maher on his hole down in the corner between Open Stand and City End. Thatā€™s when I knew we werenā€™t to be beaten that day.

That moment and Kyleā€™s goal really stood out to me that day.

1 Like

8 Likes

Try not to be a pedantic cunt all the time. This is Mulā€™s day.

Why are the lads trying to drag down poor Cian to elevate Graeme? Why canā€™t they just be happy for the man and his career.

1 Like

Graeme was immense for Limerick in the early part of the Kiely and Kinnerk era when they were trying to make the breakthrough, wouldnt have won in 2018 without him, since his early career you knew he had it, just needed to be utilised better, those years when theyā€™d lorry high ball down on top of him was very frustrating for all.
End of an era, hope the others around the same age give a year or 2 more.

2 Likes

My two standout memories of Graeme are both from games against Tipp in Thurles. The first was in 2009 in an u21 gameā€¦ā€¦he must have scored at least 0-4 from play that night, we lost by a point.
The second was in 2012 at senior level in the Munster semi. It was the same day the Dow made his championship debut. Mulcahy was on fire in the first half, Iā€™d say he must have scored 1-3 that day. Tipp came back second half and bate us by 4.

Graeme was a standout player from the moment he made his debut in 2009. He had pace and knew where the posts were. In an era when we really struggled in the forwards department, he was a constant source of scores. We wouldnā€™t have won 2018 Final only for him, he was outstanding that whole campaign.

5 Likes

Is it possible the first game you referenced was in 2008?

We played and lost to Clare in Ennis in our only U21 fixture in 2009 and lost to the same opposition in the TUSGG the following year, again in our only outing.

1 Like

Yes I was at it. Proper knockout u21 Championship on a Wednesday night in July.

We used to be a proper country etc etc.

Seamus Hickey was very good for Limerick the same night.

He was unbelievable in 2012; gets overlooked a little bit (that year does in general, I feel).

I think he was our best player that year; if we had somehow beaten Kilkenny in the quarter-final, heā€™d have been a shoo-in for an All Star.

1 Like

Is Mulcahy transferring to Carrigaline next year?

The story is that they badly need someone like him to bring some winning mentality into the set up.

4 Likes

Website really needs to be fixed , Murroe/Boher playing in the ā€˜Aā€™ Championship not the premier and Dromin Athlacca seem not to be playing any 20ā€™s hurling to my knowledgeā€¦. Can also only see fixtures for Premier 20ā€™s group 2 for some reasonā€¦ mad stuff.

1 Like

We have the least tech-savvy county board in Ireland, judging by our non-existent streams and cluster fuck websites.

They have loads of one sided fellas already