Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

NCW & Adare then the rest. Monaleen looked good tonight to be fair. Their Kerry contingent a big add.
Casey’s probably the next tier below that. Wouldn’t fancy them to take the big two. Monaleen the only ones I can see taking one of them. But not both.

1 Like

I wasn’t very impressed with NCW they’re strong all over but they aren’t great up front,they spend ages recycling until eventually they get a shot off.Thats all right against the likes of K/P but they might find it hard against a team who can score and have natural forwards.

NCW definitely aren’t at the level they were at last year and we are a good bit better. That was never a penalty either.

Casey’s are down two of their best players from last year. I don’t think they’ll challenge.

Monaleen would appear to be a good bit stronger.

Monaleen don’t have lorcan lyons, mark o Dwyer, or donnacha dailigh playing at the moment. If them 3 come back once their hurlers are out I’d have them favourites

Lorcan Lyons was on the bench tonight anyways

Not at all he took about 10 steps.We were very competitive with them to be fair but.We badly need another forward to help Nash out with the scoring.Young Ciaran could have taken 2 marks in the first half and scored 2 pts but chose to play on and got nothing.We also missed a few frees early in the 2nd half which would have kept us in it.Its tough against a team like NCW as they’re a very experienced team and they showed it tonight.They aren’t huge scorers which will keep teams in games against them even when they’re keeping the ball for ages.As they say goals win games and they got them tonight even though the second one was a dubious penalty.I wouldn’t be worried about playing them again.

Cappagh beat Cappmore 1.14 to 11

Newcastle are missing Sheahan, Kelly and O Connor this year I’m surprised they are still doing as well as they are. They do have a few talented young players to keep it going however. How did Nash get on tonight

1 Like

Young Ciaran only missed out on 1 mark . The second one was directly from a mark off a kick out which can not be claimed as a kicking mark . Newcastle West are well drilled , bring a huge intensity to the tackle and seem to get a huge satisfaction from turning teams over which is clear with the massive roaring by players and management .
Bryan Nix was exceptional for Newcastle West throughout . Got 3 points from play and covered every blade of grass on the field . Was impressed with the high fielding of Cathal Downes for KP . Even caught one over Mike Mc in second half .
Thought penalty was a bit soft alright , Corbett had defo over carried before tackle came in but attackers always get benefit of the doubt in relation to steps in those scenarios .
John O Halloran had a good game over all reffing and is defo one of the best we have in the county . Hard see past NCW or Adare again this year .

Serious win for Mushes over GG considering they were without two best players in Paul White and Barry Coleman . GG led by 4 at one stage . Mushes could be dark horses for intermediate yet . When they move at pace can cause lots of teams trouble at that level . GG need a serious look at themselves . 5 players on intercounty panel and can’t get out of group . Perhaps Noonan Stack and Griffin maybe surplus to requirements for new management team .

Big win for F/K over G/B in junior . Really are on crest of a wave at moment . Flying across both codes . Will likely come down to shootout with NCW 2 to see who goes straight to semi final .

2 Likes

Thought NCW were exceptional last night. K/P didn’t score from play in the second half as the townies controlled the game. Stephen Kelly and Joe Lee have them well drilled and they’re rightly favourites for the 3peat. I have often wondered the way NCW have in house coaches/managers have they been more successful because of it?

I have heard the new management team will have a raft of retirees to contend with, so doubt they’ll get to cut too many who don’t cut themselves

Is Neville home full time ? Would be a big addition

They controlled the game well in the second half but for all their possession they never really killed the game off until they got a dubious enough penalty with about 5/10 minutes to go.K/P were toothless enough up front when Nash was well marked.

yes

Think exceptional is very OTT. We played them last year (not in Championship tbf) and they blew us off the pitch. They just beat us in every aspect of the game.

Yesterday, they were better than us but it wasn’t comprehensive. They should have more in them than that.

They were very controlled in the first half but were really loose in the second half when they had the wind, gave away some very sloppy turnovers that simply wasn’t the case in the first half. They would like more from some of their big players, I would think.

Watched the highlights on Facebook there, while the penalty may have been soft I don’t think Corbett overcarried the ball.

Steps was never my issue, there just was no foul. There was no push, pull, trip, high arm; he just fell over after running out of room.

@manbehindthewire I see Drom have given St Senans a walkover in the Junior B west quarter final!

The penalty wasn’t stone wall; however the corner back appeared to strike in the head when going for the ball. I think it was hesitance of the ref that made it look more dubious

Saw that could be to do with their 19s in the Co FInal on Monday night. Their junior B’s have been struggling for a good number of years now.