Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

and the training was an absolute shambles. I played a match up in the brothers field one day, i think we had 12 players and were about 20 points down when sloja tried to get the match abandoned by using the hurley as a 2 handed sword. Absolutely fucking pointless

Why was the carew game called off?

no clue bud, who were they supposed to be playing?

Ballynanty

Anyone any idea when/if the games that were postponed this weekend will be played?

they beat Balla in the Munster Junior last week in Carew Park

Yep got spicey at the end but were due to play again this weekend

Carew were supposed to be playing Coonagh Saturday in the Tuohy Cup, a fixtures fuck up I’d say

1 Like

Bit of a misleading headline. Hope the chap is ok.

Positive news about the lad this morning. He’s recovering well. :+1:

A defibrillator should be mandatory at every sports ground in the country.

16 Likes

Scary stuff

Will the games that were called off be played midweek? I think there’s quarter finals down for next weekend.

I think there’s a meeting tonight about it.

Be very short notice to be telling someone you’re playing Wednesday.

You won’t be playing Wednesday either with the weather

Junior permutations.

Group 1

4 way tie on 6 points, but with Kilteely and Monagea still to play against the two bottom teams (and Monagea having head to head on both Askeaton & BB and Kilteely having the best score avg) it should be those two top.

Group 2
All games played. Caherline, Crecora advance. Tour make JA1. Glantine, GSP 2 and Claughaun JA2.

Glantine will be disappointed to be JA2, Tour will be disapointed to be out this early, but it was a tough group.

Group 3.
Has some funny permutations.

As it stands Christians are third based on their head to head with CB.
However if Kileedy win it’s a three way tie for third place and CB would go third on score difference, Castletown miles ahead on that front. Kileedy cannot get into third, it’s technically possible but they would need to give Ahane the mother and father of all beatings, 50 points. They could also still be relegated if they lost to Ahane.

FK and Pats through to KO. Final JA1 place to be decided, would think CB favourites.
Kileedy, Ahane 2 and either Christians or CB in JA2.

Kileedy will be now 6 rungs down. They were senior in the 90s.

Group 4.

Mungret & Drom into KOs.
Rathkeale and Blackrock 2 into JA2.
Bruff 2 and Doon 2 playoff to decide who goes JA2. Draw will do Bruff. Doon have to win

So I reckon the following are definitely in JA2 or whatever you want to call it.

Well 2
Glantine
Garryspillane 2
Rathkeale
Stakers (possibly relegated)
Claughaun (possibly relegated)
Ahane 2 (possibly relegated)
Kileedy (possibly relegated)
Blackrock 2 (possibly relegated)

To be joined by
Doon 2/Bruff 2
Christians/CB
Ballybricken*.

• Not technically 100% yet but from what I can make out it is almost certainly Ballybricken. There are some possible outs for them but they are extremely unlikely

There will be only one second team in JA1 which is encouraging I think. Either Bruff or Doon.

Very hard to call from here on out.

Caherline, Feenagh, Mungret, Crecora, Pats, Kilteely, Monagea, Drom.

There’s anyone of them could take the other on a day.

BOX OFFICE

6 Likes

Good analysis but, just on this one, my understanding is that if Killeedy win and it goes to a three-way tie, it goes to score difference in the head-to-head matches rather than score difference overall.

In which case, I think Christians would stay ahead of C/B on the basis that they beat them by 3 and 2 was the margin in the other head-to-head games.

It would be Christians + 1, Kileedy 0, C/B -1

2 Likes

Ah yes, forgot that new rule. That would be some going by Christians and some disaster for the other two

Goes to league points from matches played between the three teams first doesn’t it but that would still be level, so would be scoring diff between the three of them as you say.

Nothing in the rules about points in the matches between each other I think.

It’s straight to score difference between those matches if they are all tied on the same group points

Yes there is.