Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Relegated in 2008.

1 Like

That’s the Bruree breeding?

2 Likes

All the years playing the lowest grade possible at underage standing to D/A

4 Likes

It’s a fine achievement for a small parish. Would there even be 1,000 souls in D/A?

Savage end to that game.

2 Likes

That catch BY Breen will live long in the memory of those 1,000 souls in DA

1 Like

Just a slight better spread of scorers on the D/A team, think they had 8 in all.

You got 0-2 from play from your corner-back, Mark Fitzpatrick. 0-4 from Daniel Scully, 1-2 from Breen, 0-2 from play from David Reidy, 1-1 from Jack Fitzgibbon.

Peter Ryan got a monster score to equalise early in the second half, Mike Reidy & Peter McMahon both got a point each too. Peter McMahon was excellent throughout. Shane Fitzgibbon had a great second half before he went off, carrying a bit of a knock. Cian Scully is a huge player to be able to bring on though.

They kinda sat off a little though, maybe Stapleton (who had a very good game overall I think) started giving Blackrock a couple of soft frees. They’d have been sickened if that Reidy missed chance before the 3rd goal cost them. Fair play to Blackrock though, fought back from the dead (although what the fuck was Richie Murphy doing for the 2nd goal?). Richie Mac was unbelievable in the last 10 minutes, Sean O’Neill finally came into the game doing what he’s good at. Both O’Keeffe & O’Shaughnessy’s goals were very good finishes and Leahy is always capable at burying one.

I think overall D/A were the better team though, they’d have been fuming if they fucked it away. But, as it was, what a way to win a final. Unbelievable drama.

WOD plays

Advantage nap

https://twitter.com/tclansee/status/1717674903657124350

At 6 though.

Unreal vision by lynch

Great save from Jason gillane

Very cagey so far

Great save from Gillane, the Well have passed up 3 goal chances

Unreal stop by Gillane.

Cian will break up the nap team on his own

Is that the chap who used to play for NaP, the physio?

Another great save

Nope, different fella, same name.

I’d say he a minor panellist around 2015.

1 Like

This clash of the titans doesn’t seem to have captured the public imagination

Great save by the Dow

1 Like