Limerick GAA 2023-2024.... 5 in a row is not here

Welcome to 2023

The Cork boys will never catch ye as long as they’re a year behind ye.

Lots of new faces there.

The 3 Monaleen imports in and 7 from NCW

Is that Brian o sullivans first game for Limerick ?

The SiochrĂșs are Kerry originally, are they?

And Daly is the Wicklow fella?

Could be wrong but I think Daly is Kerry aswell. The SiochrĂș’s from what I’ve seen of them are downhill merchants. Great to see Tommy Childs back.

2 Likes

He’s Kerry as well I think.
Perhaps you are thinking of the lad who went from Oola to Kierans

Ah yes, that’s him. His name is Daly too.

We played Monaleen this year and that Daly was a threat alright. I can’t remember the O’SiochrĂșs particularly standing out though.

Suppose he has to have a look at a few anyway.

Danny Neville was back training too, but is out of the country for a couple of months again so will probably miss a share of the league.

1 Like

6th February :slight_smile:

How old is Iain Corbett?

31/32 would have first played senior as a 19 year old in 2012.

2 Likes

Great to see Emmett Rigter finally get the call up. Long overdue. Quality baller.

Off the rigter scale

1 Like

The two siochrĂșs are grand from what I saw. If they weren’t from Kerry they wouldn’t be called up.

Daly would be dangerous if you can get the ball in his hand, but not sure he’d be able to win his own ball at intercounty level. He probably is worth a look tbf

I wouldn’t be a major fan of bringing in mercenary’s who are no better than what you have, so they’d want to be a big improvement

Not the first time it’s happened with Monaleen / Kerry player.

As you say, if these lads weren’t from Kerry they’d never get a look in, but sure look it, there’s hardly a queue of quality lads batin down the door either.

1 Like

Trying to think what other blow-ins from outside the county we’ve had down through the years
There was Maurice Horan from Mayo, and Monaleen had another Kerry lad with an Irish name about 12-13 years ago. I’m probably missing a couple more

Is there any chance Kerry would send 15 lads down and be done with it

1 Like

Crowley from Monaleen

1 Like